"Isinliví" Isinliví by MalenaN

Isinliví Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 135 photos

Isinliví is a small quiet village situated in the Andes at an altitude of 2900 metres. The village is surrounded by green mountains and farmland, and it is a very nice area to hike in. Many people who hike around the Quilotoa Loop only visit Chugchilan and Quilotoa, but I think Isinliví should be included too. It is greener around Isinliví.
Isinliví is situated southeast of Sigchos, about 45 minutes away by bus. From Latacunga it takes about two hours to Isinliví by bus.

I stayed two nights in Isinliví in 2011 and one night in 2012. I hadn’t planned to come back in 2012, but because I broke my wrist while traveling in Ecuador 2012, there was things I had planned to do which I couldn’t do (like climbing Chimborazo). At least I could hike and as I knew the area was beautiful, I knew the way between the villages, accommodation is cheap and I didn’t have to carry too much packing I thought it was a good idea to come back and do some hiking.

• Last visit to Isinliví: Jul 2012
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2012

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

These look like beautiful hikes. were you pretty much alone on the trails? looks lovely!

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It is a beautiful area to hike in and I didn't see many people at all. The second year I met a group of five tourists walking in the opposite direction, but the first year I didn't see any tourists along the hike.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Though Isinliví was a quiet village for hiking, fortunately you avoided the angry dogs there and didn't get to know how hungry they were!

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Thank you for visiting my page Sergey! On another hike this year I came across the most angry dogs I have met and I had to pick up a stick and stone to throw towards them I think they were the same dogs that had bitten another tourist a month earlier so that she had to go to the hospital. They really made me scared.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Malena, interesting little page with oustanding photos of your hikes in the Andes. 3 hours and 45 minutes for a 4 to 6 h hike doesn't sound too bad. Well done.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Thank you Holger! It was a very beautiful area to hike in.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM

some great updates here again, Malena, thanks for sharing !

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Another excellent page!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Wow! What beautiful scenery here! Glad the dog's didn't attack, they are often a problem in some of these places. Loved reading about somewhere I don't know about, so thanks for sharing the info.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2011 at 4:43 AM

You sure experienced and seen lots of great things in the area. Lovely travelogues Malena.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Such beautiful landscapes. Glad your alright from the wild dogs and that you were able to continue your lovely hike. Nice page!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM

More wonderful scenery! I am really enjoying your Ecuador pages, and itching to go and see it for myself!

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Wowwowowowow...this is magnificent and that packing tip is great!

Badges & Stats in Isinliví

Have you been to Isinliví?

Latest Activity in Isinliví