"Mindo" Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo by MalenaN
Mindo Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 295 photos
Mindo is a small town with about 2000 inhabitants, set in a valley surrounded by green hills with cloud forest vegetation. Because Mindo is situated at an altitude of 1250m the climate is very pleasant, not too cold and not too hot, but be prepare for rain though.
Mindo is a popular tourist destination and as Quito is only 2.5 hours away many people come here especially for the weekend. There are lots of things to do in and around Mindo for a visitor. Among other things there are great hikes to do, bird-watching (there are more than 400 bird species in the forests around Mindo), you can visit butterfly farms and orchid gardens and you can go zip-lining and tubing on the river.
I wanted to do zip-lining and tubing but as I had broken my wrist I couldn?t do that. However, I hiked between the waterfalls in the Mindo-Nambillo Protected Forest and on the trails above Casa Amarilla, went on a chocolate tour, visited a butterfly farm and an orchid garden and ate very good trout.
To hike between the waterfalls outside Mindo is a lovely thing to do when you visit Mindo. The waterfalls are situated... more travel advice
El Quetzal is a restaurant and hotel (they have got three rooms) just north of the central square in Mindo. El Quetzal... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Mindo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mindo - Paradise on earth"
- "Beautiful Mindo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mindo
- Hotels in Mindo
- Transportation in Mindo
- Restaurants in Mindo
- Warnings and Dangers in Mindo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mindo
- 20 Reviews
- 222 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (249)
Have you been to Mindo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mindo
Photos in MindoSee All Photos (222)
Videos in MindoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues