"Market day in Otavalo" Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo by MalenaN
Otavalo Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 407 photos
Otavalo is situated at an altitude of 2550 metres in the north Andes, 145km north of Quito. It is a medium sized town with a population of almost 50 000. In the vicinity there are several volcanoes and the mountain slopes are fertile
Most tourists visit Otavalo for the famous Saturday market, but there are other things to see or do in and around Otavalo. There is an Anthropological Museum, A Condor Park outside the town and also outside the town there is a magical tree, El Lechero. The hiking is supposed to be good around Otavalo and you can visit several villages to learn about the traditions in the villages and craft being made, weaving, wood carvings and leather work. I am one of those tourists who only visited Otavalo for the market though, on a daytrip from Quito.
Otavalo Saturday market is said to be the larges handicraft market in South America with lots of craftsmen coming to... more travel advice
I saw a women and her daughter that were selling fruit salads at the market and the fruit salads in the big mugs they... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Otavalo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saturday Market in Otavalo"
- "To market, to market ..."
- "Market day in Otavalo"
- "Otavalo Indigenous Market"
- "Otavalo Market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Otavalo
- Hotels in Otavalo
- Transportation in Otavalo
- Restaurants in Otavalo
- Shopping in Otavalo
- Warnings and Dangers in Otavalo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Otavalo
- 5 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (246)
Have you been to Otavalo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otavalo
Photos in OtavaloSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues