"Puerto Baquerizo Moreno" Puerto Baquerizo Moreno by MalenaN

Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 173 photos

Puerto Baquerizo Moreno on Isla San Cristóbal has got a population of more than 5000 inhabitants and it is the second largest town on Galapagos Islands, only Puerto Ayora on Isla Santa Cruz is bigger.

2011: We came here on the third day of the cruise with M/S Cachalote. Before lunch, while our guide went to the airport to pick up two new passengers, we got some time to walk around in the town on our own. We got another opportunity to do that before dinner, when we came back from a visit to the breeding centre and El Junco Lagoon.

Puerto Baquerizo Moreno seems to be a pleasant town to spend some time in. Around Avenida Charles Darwin, the street facing the sea, and the malecon, looks clean and tidy and here you find several hotels, restaurants, souvenir shops and travel agencies. There is also an Internet place.

2013: This year I came back to Puerto Baquerizo Moreno and San Cristobal and stayed for five nights.

There are plenty of things to do just around the town. There is a Galapagos National Park Interpretation Centre with exhibitions about the natural history and biodiversity of Galapagos Islands. There are some walking trails leading to small beaches and good snorkeling spots. One trail will take you up on Frigate Bird Hill (Cerro de las Tijeretas) were you can see frigate birds. Following some of the trails will also give you good opportunities to see sea lions and land iguanas. During my stay in 2013 I also rented a bike one day and another day I went on a snorkeling tour. Surfing and diving is said to be good near Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, but that is nothing I tried.

• Last visit to Puerto Baquerizo Moreno: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2013

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Thanks for another interesting page.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Your a runner too and explorer..impressive. Kickers Rock looks so fascinating. The sea lions are wonderful also. You have a excellent page here Malena!

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

When participating in the competition it was actually the first time that I ran 10km. I was very happy that I could do it without stopping or walking and it was fun. I have now bought a pair of jogging shoes and when spring arrives I will start running now and then. Thanks for visiting Dee!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Nice page!

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Probably five weeks. First I will visit Panama for two weeks and then Ecuador. I will start with getting acclimatized to high altitude as I want to climb Chimborazo. If I have time I would like to go back to Galapagos too, but then to Isla Isabela.

• Redang's Profile Photo
      Feb 2, 2014 at 2:13 AM

OK

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Great updates to this page since your previous visit. I am envious that you have managed to return to Galapagos :-)

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I'm glad I could return! It is so amazing to see all the sea lions, marine iguanas, tortoises, blue-footed boobies etc. I like returning to places! Thanks for visiting my page Sarah!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2014 at 9:45 PM

What a wonderful place with wildlife inside the town! I've just seen a sea lion colony in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Russia) which also located inside the town.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:27 PM

It is great to sea the wildlife in town! Thanks for visiting my page Sergey!

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Great page, Melena with lots of great information.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Thank you Albert! Any of the islands in Galapagos Islands are interesting to visit, and Puerto Baquerizo Moreno is a good place to stay in for a few days.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

many many great tips here, Galapagos is indeed on the list of my dream destination.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Thank you Corra for visiting my page! Galapagos Islands is an amazing place!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Another fine page on the Galápagos. It does seem unusual to see so much wildlife in town, but perhaps they also wonder why so many humans come walking through their habitats.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I like the wildlife in town very much! Thanks for visiting Don! I have spent the first days of the year in Gdansk and came back today, so guess I will take a break from my Ecuadorian pages for a while (but they are far from finished). Wish you a great new year!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM

It is always good to read about places where you can walk from the airport to the city centre. I like your detailed descriptions about the 10 km race (although you don't mention your time ;-) and the snorkeling tour.

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Thank you for visiting my page Holger! Actually I don't know the exact time, but it was under an hour.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM

This looks like a picturesque little town, I really enjoyed looking at your travelogues. Love the sea lion pictures too!

Badges & Stats in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno

Have you been to Puerto Baquerizo Moreno?

Latest Activity in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno