"Bucaramanga" Bucaramanga by MalenaN
Bucaramanga Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos
Bucaramanga is a big city with just over half a million inhabitants and it is the capital in Departamento de Santander. The city is situated at an altitude of 995 metres on a plateau in the Cordillera Oriental. The temperature is pleasant with an average of 17 - 23 degrees. Bucaramanga is called The city of the Parks and you can find several pleasant parks in the city, and it is surrounded by green mountains.
The city was founded in 1622, but it is only in the quarters around Parque García Rovira you can find colonial buildings, otherwise it is a modern city.
I liked Bucaramanga and was happy to make a break hear for two nights. I visited a couple of museums and the cathedral and made an excursion to the nearby colonial town Girón. I also walked around on the streets in the commercial centre visiting some shops and cafes. In Bucaramanga I didn’t see any other foreign tourists.
I left the hotel at 6.50 and walked to the bus terminal. As I arrived to the terminal I bought a water and a coffee.... more travel advice
The tip from above continues... In El Banco the pick-up stopped outside the bus station. The next bus to Bucaramanga... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Bucaramanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City in the Mountains"
- "The "beatiful City""
- "Bucaramanga, City of Parks"
- "Colombia - Bucaramanga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bucaramanga
- Hotels in Bucaramanga
- Transportation in Bucaramanga
- Nightlife in Bucaramanga
- Restaurants in Bucaramanga
- Shopping in Bucaramanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bucaramanga
- 11 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Bucaramanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bucaramanga
- Posted in Travel Puyo Forum "Re: Traveling alone"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Bucaramanga travel pages
- Wrote a Review From Pamplona - via Bucaramanga - to San Gil in Bucaramanga Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Pamplona - via Bucaramanga - to San Gil"
- updated a Bucaramanga Travel Page "Bucaramanga"
Photos in BucaramangaSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues