"A short visit to Cali" Top 5 Page for this destination Cali by MalenaN

Cali Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 477 photos

Cali was not on my list of places to visit, but because I was taking an early morning flight from here I had to stay a night. I have only been to the terminal, the airport and in the area around Iguana Guesthouse.

Cali, with a population of about 2.6 million people, is the third largest city in Colombia. It is situated in a fertile valley at an elevation of 1005 metres. The average temperature is 24°C. Rio Cali is running through the city and to the south is the old centre and to the north is the new centre.
I didn’t have time for sight-seeing, but I have heard that there are a few churches and museums of interest and a very good zoo in Cali. Most tourist come here for partying though. Cali is called the “salsa capital” and there are places where you can dance all night, every day of the week.

• Last visit to Cali: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2008

Travelogues (1)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I also enjoyed reading your transportation tips, even though I am not planning to go to Cali.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Jun 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Thank you Don! Greetings from a rainy Santa Catalina (in Panama).

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Excellent transport tips, as usual, Malena :-)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Nov 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Thank you Ingrid! I didn't see much of Cali as I mostly passed on my to somewhere else.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Very helpful tips!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

great transportation-tips !

• Mar 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Very good info. The Iguana has been around for a long time and I´m not surprised your taxi wasn´t properly confirmed. Lots of very nice pages, thanks.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2008 at 2:30 AM

I'm looking forward to visiting Feria de Cali in Dcember! Excellent transportation tips - I'll certainly use some of them on my trip :)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2008 at 7:02 AM

It seems you had a fantastic summer holiday, I was also travelling south last summer, to the south of Africa ;-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Excellent transport and accommodation tips of Cali.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Ahh, famous Cali :-) I love to go there one day, for music and all this :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Thanks Malena for the virtual tour! Never heard about this place!

Badges & Stats in Cali