"Manizales and Los Nevados National Park" Manizales by MalenaN
Manizales Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 139 photos
Manizales is the capital of Department of Caldas. The city is situated on ridges which makes many of the streets steep. And as the city is situated at an altitude just above 2000 metres the average temperature is 18°C. Manizales has a population of 420 000 inhabitants. The city is a main centre of the coffee trade in the region and there is a large student population. Manizales was founded as late as 1849 by people from Antioquia, who came here because of the civil war.
There are not many old buildings in Manizales as the city has been destroyed by earthquakes and fires in the past. But the Neo Gothic Cathedral is interesting to see and there are a few museums, among others a small gold museum. And from Manizales it is easy to visit Los Nevados National Park and a coffee farm in Zona Cafetera.
Finally we arrived at Refugio del Ruiz, the end of the road, about 10 km from La Brisas. Refugio del Ruiz is situated at... more travel advice
Our next stop was at La Brisas, which is the entrance to the national park. Here you pay the entrance fee if you come on... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Manizales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manizales and Los Nevados National Park"
- "beautiful mountain town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manizales
- Hotels in Manizales
- Transportation in Manizales
- Nightlife in Manizales
- Restaurants in Manizales
- Shopping in Manizales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manizales
- 14 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (237)
Have you been to Manizales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manizales
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: problems logging in lately"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Manizales travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Manizales and Los Nevados National Park"
- updated a Manizales Travel Page "Manizales and Los Nevados National Park"
- Wrote a Review Tour to Los Nevados - Refugio del Ruiz in Manizales Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Manizales
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 156 reviews, 840 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues