"Raquira" Ráquira by MalenaN
Ráquira Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 54 photos
Ráquira is a small place with only 1600 inhabitants. It is situated 25 km southwest of Villa de Leyva and on the contrary to Villa de Leyva where all the houses are whitewashed the houses in Ráquira are painted in bright colours like yellow, pink and blue.
Ráquira is known for its pottery and pottery from here is even exported to other countries. In and around the village there are many workshops which you can visit and you can find many different things like flower pots, kitchen utensils and replicas of pre Colombian pottery. At the village square there are some ceramic statues.
Around the square and along the main street there are many souvenir shops selling things like jewellery, hammocks, woodcarvings, hanging mobiles and of course pottery.
Before walking around in Raquira we went to a restaurant to eat. It was a cheap eatery and we asked for the comida... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Ráquira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Raquíra - where all the pottery is done"
- "known all over the country for its pottery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ráquira
- Transportation in Ráquira
- Restaurants in Ráquira
- Shopping in Ráquira
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ráquira
- 2 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Ráquira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ráquira
Photos in RáquiraSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues