"Santa Marta" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Marta by MalenaN
Santa Marta Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 370 photos
Santa Marta is a quite big city with over 400 000 inhabitants on the Caribbean coast. It is popular among Colombian tourists who come here for the beaches. Many of them are staying at the resorts in Rodadero in the south of Santa Marta.
When I visited Colombia the first time I didn’t stay in Santa Marta but in the nearby fishing village Taganga. But I visited Santa Marta many times to arrange the Ciudad Perdida trek, to withdraw money from the ATM, shop at one of the big supermarkets and to see some of the city. Places of interest to see are the Gold Museum, the Cathedral, Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino (the hacienda were Simón Bolívar died) and an aquarium. There is a beach promenade by the sea where it can be nice to take a stroll.
When I returned to the area in August 2008 I stayed in Santa Marta as it was a better starting point for going to Tyrona National Park and to Venezuela.
Coming back to Santa Marta from Tyrona I realised it was a public holiday and many places were closed. There is a cheap... more travel advice
Buses are leaving for the entrance of Tyrona National Park from Santa Marta market place, in the corner of Calle... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Santa Marta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "As Santa Marta Grows into its own Shoes"
- "Santa Marta"
- "Simon Bolivar's First Grave"
- "SANTA MARTA - LAST REPOSE FOR LATIN AMERICAN GIANT"
- "Santa Marta - lo tiene todo!"
- "Santa Marta"
- "SANTA MARTA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Marta
- Hotels in Santa Marta
- Transportation in Santa Marta
- Nightlife in Santa Marta
- Restaurants in Santa Marta
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Marta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Marta
- 13 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (143)
Have you been to Santa Marta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Marta
Photos in Santa MartaSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 156 reviews, 837 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 130 reviews, 638 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 59 reviews, 409 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues