"Taganga" Top 5 Page for this destination Taganga by MalenaN

Taganga Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 185 photos

Taganga was my first stop in Colombia (July 2007) and I was surprised to see so many backpackers there. I had expected that there was going to be quite a lot of foreign tourists in Taganga, but not so many. It is a nice place to visit but I would not have stayed so many days (a week) if it hadn’t been for the diving. In August 2008 I came back for a day of diving.

Taganga is situated only 5 km away from Santa Marta. It is a small fishing village and by the beach there are many fishing boats and at the restaurants you can eat fresh fried fish. In the early evening you can watch the fisherman selling their daily catch at the beach. Taganga is beautifully situated in a horseshoe-shaped bay with hills around. If your not diving there is a small beach in the village and another beach a 15 minutes walk away. It is a place for relaxing, reading in the hammocks at the hostels, sitting in a bar or just hanging on the beach.

• Last visit to Taganga: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2008

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Another nice place! Love the scenery around here.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM

What an exciting trip to Taganga -- you have too many adventures! Norman :)

• Aug 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM

in TAGANGA i've been told casa de felipe is great but you it was before knowing DIVANGA it's reaaaaalllllly the best place in town with swimming pool area, bar restaurant attention so nice and friendly forget about casa de felipe!! go divanga

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Great updates, wow scuba diving.... Pretty beach town of Taganga. Pasta with brocolli and giant shrimps for me anytime :)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Hi Malena! Tagatanga is indeed beautifully located and Playa Grande looks like a nice little beach! Excellent transportation tips! :)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Ah, yes, now that I see your photos, I remember I was also in Taganga. And I hiked to Playa Grande quite often, too :-) I had the best fish ever there - cooked simple but very delicious :-)) Thanks for bringing back my memories :-))

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 12:10 AM

lobsters sound yummy! sometime you will have to spoil yourself while you are on a holiday :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Another wonderful page about such a remote country. I wish you a pleasant trip to Barselona. This city is among my favorite I envy you will see it soon. Wating for your new page from there.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Wonderful pictures - the beaches look something special here

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 8:18 AM

I think there will be more wonderful photos here!

Badges & Stats in Taganga

Have you been to Taganga?

Latest Activity in Taganga