"Taganga" Top 5 Page for this destination Taganga by MalenaN
Taganga Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 185 photos
Taganga was my first stop in Colombia (July 2007) and I was surprised to see so many backpackers there. I had expected that there was going to be quite a lot of foreign tourists in Taganga, but not so many. It is a nice place to visit but I would not have stayed so many days (a week) if it hadn’t been for the diving. In August 2008 I came back for a day of diving.
Taganga is situated only 5 km away from Santa Marta. It is a small fishing village and by the beach there are many fishing boats and at the restaurants you can eat fresh fried fish. In the early evening you can watch the fisherman selling their daily catch at the beach. Taganga is beautifully situated in a horseshoe-shaped bay with hills around. If your not diving there is a small beach in the village and another beach a 15 minutes walk away. It is a place for relaxing, reading in the hammocks at the hostels, sitting in a bar or just hanging on the beach.
Santa Marta is a quite big city with over 400 000 inhabitants situated on the Caribbean coast. It is popular among... more travel advice
Along the beach promenade there are many stalls selling fresh fruit juices or fruit salads, with the fruit of the... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Taganga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taganga - a place to relax"
- "Worth a Taste: Taganga"
- "One of the nicest and quietest places.."
- "TAGANGA - gateway to the Caribbean"
- "HEAVEN AND HELL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taganga
- Hotels in Taganga
- Transportation in Taganga
- Nightlife in Taganga
- Restaurants in Taganga
- Shopping in Taganga
- Warnings and Dangers in Taganga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taganga
- 14 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Taganga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taganga
Photos in TagangaSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 125 reviews, 605 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 120 reviews, 587 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 371 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 34 reviews, 233 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 57 reviews, 202 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 56 reviews, 187 photos, 9 travelogues