"Zipaquira" Top 5 Page for this destination Zipaquirá by MalenaN
Zipaquirá Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 173 photos
Zipaquirá is a town with a population of 70 000, situated about 50 km north of Bogotá. Zipaquirá is known for its salt mines and the Salt Cathedral, which attracts many visitor every day. By making tunnels in to the hills west of Zipaquirá the salt has been mined here already since the Muisca period.
If you came to Zipaquirá to visit the Salt Cathedral it is also worth taking a walk in the town. Around the central square there are some colonial buildings and the church looks very nice. There is also an archaeological museum in the town.
To visit the Salt Cathedral you have to join a group. Most of the tours are in Spanish and so were mine. But when we... more travel advice
Café Plaza is a nice café in the corner of the plaza in Zipaquira. It is situated in one of the colonial buildings that... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Zipaquirá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Decided Colombian Experience: Zipaquira"
- "Zipaquira - The Salt Cathedral"
- "Zipaquirá - home of the gorgeous Salt Cathedral"
- "Beautiful Colonial Town With the Salt Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zipaquirá
- Hotels in Zipaquirá
- Transportation in Zipaquirá
- Restaurants in Zipaquirá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zipaquirá
- 4 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Zipaquirá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zipaquirá
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues