"Amber" Amer by MalenaN
Amer Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 279 photos
Most people come to Amber (pronounced Amer) to visit the famous Amber Fort. And so did I. Amber is situated 11 km north of Jaipur and can easily be reached by public transportation. The village is in a valley and it is surrounded by hills with battlements. Amber Fort is situated on a hillside and on top of that hill is Jaigarh Fort. I visited during the monsoon period so the hills were green and it looked very beautiful. I have seen on photos though that in the dry season it becomes very yellow and brown.
Besides visiting Amber Fort and Jaigarh it is nice to walk around in the village where there are some old temples, a market and an excellent museum of hand printing.
Amber was made capital of the Jaipur stat by the Kachawaha Rajputs in the 12th century and it continued to be the capital until 1727, when Sawai Jai Singh moved it to Jaipur.
Amber Fort is a very well visited tourist site and deserves to be so. The honey coloured fort/palace is situated on a... more travel advice
Some people ride an elephant up to Amber Fort. I did not. Is it not far to walk and it is expensive, Rs 900 (August... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Amer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amber (Amer)"
- "Amber Fort"
- "Amber Fort"
- "Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan - Light & Sound"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amer
- 8 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (246)
Have you been to Amer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amer
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues