"Arambol" Top 5 Page for this destination Arambol by MalenaN
Arambol Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 113 photos
I visited Arambol during the monsoon season when most restaurants, shops and accommodations are closed, when the sea currents are strong and the red flag is permanent on the beach. It was very quiet.
Arambol is a village in north Goa, 32 km from Mapusa. There are a few hundred local inhabitants in the village and many of them work with tourism or fishing. There are no big hotel complexes in Arambol, but mostly smaller budget accommodations. Thus it is a popular place with travellers during the tourist season., but I have also heard there are more bigger groups coming here. When I visited it was quiet but at other times you can try paragliding in Arambol and go on boat excursions. There are also sometimes parties, but since 2007 there is a law that no loud music is allowed to be played after 22.00. I think this is valid for all Goa.
The long sandy beach in Arambol is beautiful and stretches several kilometres to the south. To the north there is a rocky headland with hotels and restaurants, and beyond that you will find another beach, a small and quiet beach.
When I visited Arambol during the low season two beach shacks were open. They were situated next to each other and I... more travel advice
I visited Arambol during low season when most accommodations were closed. I was lucky that the first place I went to,... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Arambol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Relax at the beach"
- "***hole of Goa - overrun with Russians"
- "surfclub arambol"
- "Get it while its hot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arambol
- Hotels in Arambol
- Transportation in Arambol
- Restaurants in Arambol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arambol
- 6 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (249)
Have you been to Arambol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arambol
Photos in ArambolSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 157 reviews, 845 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 133 reviews, 653 photos, 3 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 78 reviews, 555 photos, 25 travelogues
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 56 reviews, 465 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 39 reviews, 327 photos, 21 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Isabela Intro, 43 reviews, 266 photos, 11 travelogues