"Aurangabad" Top 5 Page for this destination Aurangabad by MalenaN
Aurangabad Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 628 photos
Aurangabad is a city with about 1 million inhabitants in the north part of Maharashtra. It is a dusty city with lots of traffic, but it is anyway a good base for exploring the caves in Ajanta and Ellora and the fort in Daulatabad.
Daulatabad was founded in 1610 and the city got its name from the Moghal Emperor Aurangazeb who made it his capital in 1653. Aurangabad is supposed to mean Built by the throne. But in 1763 the capital was moved to Hyderabad and the glory of Aurangabad was diminished significantly.
It is easy to reach Aurangabad. There is an airport and a railway station ( I left by plane and arrived by train from Mumbai). And many major roads lead to Aurangabad.
On your way up to the hilltop fort you must go through a dark tunnel. In the tunnel you can feel the smell of bats and... more travel advice
On a round bastion between Chini Mahal and Nizamshahi Mahal there is a huge cannon, a Fort Breaking Cannon. The cannon,... more travel advice
MalenaN's Related Pages
Aurangabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Sights in Aurangabad"
- "Ajanta & Ellora caves"
- "Travel Hub to Amazing Cave Temples"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aurangabad
- Hotels in Aurangabad
- Transportation in Aurangabad
- Restaurants in Aurangabad
- Shopping in Aurangabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Aurangabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aurangabad
- 15 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Aurangabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aurangabad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 146 reviews, 715 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 126 reviews, 618 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 89 reviews, 372 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 171 reviews, 195 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sani Lodge Intro, 32 reviews, 323 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Ayora Intro, 34 reviews, 278 photos, 17 travelogues
- Isla Santa Cruz Intro, 48 reviews, 257 photos, 7 travelogues
- Isla San Cristóbal Intro, 38 reviews, 237 photos, 10 travelogues
- Letterfrack Intro, 18 reviews, 253 photos, 20 travelogues