"Welcome to my travel pages!" MalenaN's Profile

In 2011 I visited Ecuador for seven weeks. It was an amazing trip where I saw beautiful nature, did lots of fun things and met many nice people. I went back to Ecuador for another seven weeks in 2012 (but this year I broke my wrist after a few days and couldn't do everything I wanted to do). And I went back in 2013. Below are links to the travel pages I have done after those three visits.

Latest finished pages:
Isla San Cristóbal 38 tips, 237 photos (27 new tips)
Puerto Ayora 34 tips, 278 photos (18 new tips)
Provincia del Chimborazo 9 tips, 139 photos
Isla Fernandina 9 tips, 112 photos
Isla Baltra 3 tip, 14 photos (1 new tip)
Guayaquil 5 tips, 45 photos (1 new tip)
Puerto Baquerizo Moreno 21 tips, 173 photos (all tips are new)
Isla Seymour 8 tips, 62 photos
Tena 14 tips, 198 photos
Sombrero Chino 8 tips, 76 photos
Machachi 4 tip, 49 photos
Floreana 26 tip, 173 photos (15 new tips)
Puyo 14 tip, 151 photos (13 new tips)
Papallacta 7 tips, 86 photos
Riobamba 9 tips, 49 photos
Baños 34 tips, 233 photos (8 new tips and updates)

Working on right now:
Provincia de Pichincha 7 tips, 127 photos
Isla Rábida 7 tips, 36 photos
Ecuador 126 tips, 617 photos (25 new tips)
Quito 146 tip, 715 photos (21 new tips)
________________________________________________________

Ingapirca 9 tips, 95 photos
Cuenca 25 tips, 122 photos
Cajas National Park 5 tip, 103 photos

La Costa
Puerto Lopez 14 tips, Parque Nacional Machalilla 9 tips, Isla de La Plata 7 tips, Bahía de Caraquez 12 tip, Isla Corazon 4 tips, Portoviejo Intro, Canoa 5 tips, Guayaquil 5 tips

El Oriente – Las Amazonas
Amazonas - Sani Lodge 32 tip, 323 photos
Coca 2 tips, 15 photos
Cascada San Rafael 5 tip, 100 photos
Baeza 4 tips, 43 photos
Puyo 14 tips, 151 photos
Tena 14 tips, 198 photos

Virtual Tourist

Like most of you here I love travelling and don't want to wait too long before the next time it is time to take off. While I'm waiting VT is a perfect place. I am happy to share my travellexperiences with you and enjoy reading about places where I have been, places I'm going to or for me unknown places. The more I read, the more inspired I get to visit almost every corner of the globe.

What is so good about traveling?

Almost everything I would say. Waiting at busstations and watching people go by, the journey itself and the arrival to a new place. To see historical monuments and beautiful views. Meet people and learn about other cultures. Get new friends, taste different food ...

Some travell quotations

The world is a book and those who do not travell read only a page. / St Augustine

... all any of us need is a very light suitcase. /Oswald Wynd

If you come to a fork in the road, take it. /Yogi Berra

The journey not the arrival matters. /T.S. Eliot

Better far off to leave half the ruins and nine-tenths of the churches unseen and to see well the rest; to see them not once, but again and often again; to watch them, to learn them, to live with them, to love them, till they have become a part of life and life's recollections. /Augustus Hare

Don't panic. /Douglas Adams

... I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. /R.L. Stevenson

A boarder is always a temptation. /Larry McMurtry

The journey of thousand miles begins with one step. /Lao Tzu

68 VT-members I have met

1W1V - Laurent, a2lopes - Antonio, albateh - Rami, aliamiri - Ali, Alvik - Angela, alyf1961 - Alyson, annemariebyrne - Anne Marie, anni8 - Anni, Balam - Gareth, Benson35 - Hayley, bijo69 - Birgit, bitzer - Karin, Bregman - Gil, buket (denizkizi ) - Buket, CeciliaL - Cecilia, chauncenetta - Charlotte, conejita71 - Nancy, DAO - David, demonlord - Daniel, dr.firas - Firas, Earwen8 - Katerina, EireannGoBrach - Dennis, Elisabcn - Elisa, Erkmen - Erkmen, Evenith666 - Evan, fouads - Fouad, Gillybob - Gillian, hilla_m - Hilla, HORSCHECK - Holger, iweber - Israel, jessica-b - Jessica, JohntheFinn - John, kitan - Kieth, LauraKS - Laura, Lellesweden - Lennart, leonik - Andy,

marielexoteria - Mariel, Martin_S. - Martin, micas_pt - Alexandra, miso80 - Maysa, Mittnic - Johannes, Mongy - Mongy, Naokico - Na'or, Natalya2006 - Natalya, omidamini - Omid, orangetree28 - Elcin, orke - Or, PeterSweden - Peter, photonina - Nino, piccolina - Carolina, rafi.of.gali.gali - Ricardo, rambling_rose - Rosie, Razmataac - Rasmus, Redang - Santi, RexBibendi - Marcus, R-men - Armen, Roggeveen - Walter, sahlenare - Amina, salampeace - Salam, Sjalen - Charlotta, suvanki - Sue, tejanasueca - Lotta, Tom_In_Madison - Tom, Trillian2005 - Gabrielle, veigapaula - Paula, vec - Daniel, zaffaran - Anita, zizkov - David

• Intro Updated Apr 5, 2014

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I see you've covered almost every region, accept the Caribbean. You should go there next.I've been to Puerto Rico and Aruba, and enjoyed both islands. I want to explore more of the Caribbean. I think I will be doing trips there for a while. Maybe we go together. It seems like somewhere you would go.

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I saw that you planned to visit at least one cave in Aruba. So, how was the caves on Aruba!

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
      Apr 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I did? Maybe. I asked so many questions in that forum, I don't even remember?
      I thought you meant the one in Poland.
      I did visit one. We took an island tour, and he took us to the most beautiful one. The formations were very unique. I posted a picture of it in my Aruba intro. I will post more later.
      I wish we could've went on our own. I would've explored the side passages.
      You like caves too, don't you?

• jonathanbarker's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday, you can add my name to those on your list, I see you have travelled to a lot of places :-)

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting you too on Saturday!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Malena, thanks for your visit to my Nürnberg page. Yes, 2014 is the 300th anniversary of Gluck's birth. So far we have seen one of his operas here in Frankfurt this year.

• goshtasb's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM

hello malena, how are u?
    every time i vist your profile page, you have added many beautiful photos and tips! i visited your recent photos and liked the photo "Yellow Warbel" and " capalogo giant tortoies" the most!
    i have written a tip about an interesting place in west of iran.

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Thank you Goshtasb! I read your tip and found it very interesting. I have never heard of that wall before.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Thank you Malena for visiting my La Jolla and wonderful comments. It is a very beautiful, and a very popular place to visit! Lots of restaurants and shopping too. Yet, I am more into exploring everything else. Thank you again!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Malena, I do hope you can return to Budapest. I want to, as even though I saw a lot, I didn't have enough time for museums and for a lot more interesting places in Budapest. I loved that city.
    Thanks for your kind comments and for visiting!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I always admire your enthusiasm to build pages, I wish I were like you! Many warm spring greetings from sunny Belgrade!

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hello Jelena! We have a nice spring day here too, so I should really be outside. However I'm having lunch and I'm doing laundry, and then I have to do some work.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Malena, thanks for finding and rating my Hagen tips. The theater in Hagen still seems to be going strong -- I just had a look at their website.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Good (cloudy) day, but not snowy like Chimborazo!

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Good morning Santi! During Wednesday and Thursday we got 1-2dm of snow, but yesterday it was +9C and almost everything melted away (luckily). Today the sun is shining!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Malena, thanks for visiting my Slovakian pages!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!