Manhattan Island Off The Beaten Path Tips by keeper7 Top 5 Page for this destination
Manhattan Island Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Madison Square Park
Located between 23rd & 26th streets and Fifth and Madison avenues, Madison Square Park is excellent for a rest as you come from Middle Manhattan on your way to lower Manhattan. There are many benches to rest, eat & read. There are also come food place to grab a bit to eat in the park. If you bring your dog or have one, your pet can even play in his own play area. Also the local squarrels are friendly with people. They sometimes come up to you & eat with you. This is really a great place to visit and to make it a stop in your travels in or through Manhattan
Phone: (212) 538-5058
Located on Astor Place between Third and 4th Aves, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, established in 1859, is among the nation's oldest and most distinguished institutions of higher learning. This beautiful building sticks out among the tall modern skycrapers. A must see and visit while in the East Village.
St. Bartholomew's Church
On 109 East 50th Street is the beautiful St. Bartholomew's Church. This church is dwarfed buy the modern tall buildings that surround it. It is located near the Met Life building about a 10 minute walk. The church also has a cafe.
Other Contact: Fax: 212-378-0281
View of the Queensboro Bridge
This very small & cosy park located on first ave near the Queensboro Bridge, has a great view of the Queensboro Bridge & the river just down below. It's a great place to be alone or to spend quality time with that special someone. It has a romantic feel to it specially if it's rainning.
One note about this park, no animals or alcohol are permited.
Home to the rich & famous of New York. One unique thing about Park Ave, the land that is Park Ave today used to be part of the land that belonged to Grand Central Station. The trains used to travel over this area until the trains switch to be underground. This change happened becuase of the pollution & noise caused by the steam trains.
More Reviews (16)
keeper7's Related Pages
Manhattan Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Big Apple"
- "NEW YORK...NEW YORK...WHAT A WONDERFUL TOWN...!"
- "Welcome to Manhattan!"
- "The city that never sleeps"
- "Inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- "I love NYC!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Island
- Hotels in Manhattan Island
- Transportation in Manhattan Island
- Nightlife in Manhattan Island
- Restaurants in Manhattan Island
- Shopping in Manhattan Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Panorama City Hotels
- Gardendale Hotels
- Ter Apel Hotels
- Guntur Hotels
- Kuala Belait
- food & drink
- Chinon Off The Beaten Path
- Hythe Off The Beaten Path
- Cartagena Off The Beaten Path
- Austin Off The Beaten Path
- Port Townsend Off The Beaten Path
- Dubai Off The Beaten Path
- Elizabeth City Off The Beaten Path
- Wollongong Off The Beaten Path
- Durness Off The Beaten Path
- Maputo Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Island
- 21 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Manhattan Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Island
Photos in Manhattan IslandSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ponce Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Astoria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.