Manhattan Island Things to Do Tips by keeper7 Top 5 Page for this destination
Manhattan Island Things to Do: 28 reviews and 41 photos
The Washington Square Park, located in the heart of Greenwich Village, is a very popular and crowded square. It is best known for its bohemian and rebellious character. The park looks seedy, has little green space and attracts vagrants, but people from all backgrounds still flock to the square. The two main attractions in the square are the fountain and the Washington arch. Great place to rest and take in the diverse atmosphere.
Address: West 4th Street and MacDougal, New York
Directions: located in the heart of Greenwich Village
Radio City Music Hall
Here is the famous Radio City Music Hall. You can catch a great showor concert. There are also tours of the Hall Monday thur Saturday from 11:00am - 3:00pm. Check the website below for tour times & other information. This is a must see and visit on your trip here to NYC.
Address: 1260 Avenue of the Americas, New York 10020
Directions: The entrance is on 6th Avenue at the corner of 50th Street. Located in the heart of Rockefeller Center
South Street Seaport
South Street Seaport is has it all. Alot of places to eat different styles of food & a great view of Manhanttan or Brooklyn. You can also take a ferry ride or catch one of the many tour buses located near by. Just west of South Street Seaport is Manhattan's Financial District.
There are many shops for souvenirs and great places for photo opportunities. Also near by is the Brooklyn Bridge. You can take the 4 train to Wall Street or the J Train to Broad Street.
Address: Lower Manhattan
Presentation of "The Gates" at Central Park
Here is a scene from a walk in Central Park. Here you can walk and enjoy the ponds & nature that is all around this great park. The park is surrounded by towering buildings & apartments with excellent views of the park. You can also find a zoo & other points of interest in the park. There are buildings for resting, food, restroom.
This picture was taken Febuary 12th, during the art presentation of "The Gates". That runs currently in central park until Feb 27, 2005.
Directions: You can enter central park from either the East or West side. Also from the south from 59th street & Columbus Circle. Trains like the 4, 5, 6, D, B & A all have stops within a block of central park.
Grass Area at Bryant Park
This park located near about a 10 min walk west of Grand Central Station, Bryant Park is a excellent place to come eat, relax on the lawn & take in the view of the city. Smaller than Central Park, Bryant Park is good if you want to take a few mins to rest before going to Times Square or the Empire State Building. All are located within minutes of each other. In the background is an annex of the New York Public Library.
Address: 40th and 42nd Streets & Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
Directions: Bryant Park is situated behind the New York Public Library in midtown Manhattan.
Take the F, V, B, or D train to 42nd Street/Bryant Park or take the (7) train to 5th Avenue
Entance to NBC Studios
This is a must see place to visit on your trip to the Big Apple. Here many famous shows are tape & viewed here.
Address: 30 Rockafella Plaza, New York
Metropolitan Museum of Art
More Reviews (14)
keeper7's Related Pages
Manhattan Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Big Apple"
- "NEW YORK...NEW YORK...WHAT A WONDERFUL TOWN...!"
- "Welcome to Manhattan!"
- "The city that never sleeps"
- "Inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- "I love NYC!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Island
- Hotels in Manhattan Island
- Transportation in Manhattan Island
- Nightlife in Manhattan Island
- Restaurants in Manhattan Island
- Shopping in Manhattan Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Legaspi City
- Cairns Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Seoul Hotels
- Pangulasian Island Hotels
- Macao Hotels
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Island
- 21 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Manhattan Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Island
Photos in Manhattan IslandSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ponce Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Astoria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.