"Astoria Village" Astoria by keeper7
Astoria Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 42 photos
Astoria was founded by William Hallet and later, Stephen Alling Halsey, it was named for fur tycoon John Jacob Astor. Mansions were built for lumber and shipping magnates in the 1850s, many of which remain standing today. A ferry connected Astoria with 92nd Street in Manhattan between 1867 and the opening of the Triboro in the 1930s.
- In a nutshell:Astoria has a european feel & is a great place to visit a must see!
Your best view of the great bridge is from Astoria Park, in Astoria, Queens. The bridge spans over 1017 feet between... more travel advice
One thing that I think that most people miss is that Astoria has many old building dating back over 100 years. If you... more travel advice
keeper7's Related Pages
Astoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Minutes from the city but miles away from it"
- "Astoria Village"
- "Astoria, New York"
- "Little Egypt Astoria Queens New York City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Astoria
- Hotels in Astoria
- Transportation in Astoria
- Restaurants in Astoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Astoria
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Astoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Astoria
Photos in AstoriaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ponce Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Astoria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.