"Shipka: Scene of the Russo-Turkish Liberation War" Shipka by keeper7
Shipka Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 53 photos
If you are in central Bulgaria you must take a stop at Shipka. Located on the main road from Ruse on the Danube River through Stara Zagora to Edirne (Adrianople) in Turkey, it was a strategically important pass and was the scene of fierce fighting during the Russo-Turkish War (1877–78). This monument dedicated to the Russian & Bulgarian Army is a amazing work of construction. Inside there are historical information about the monument as well as many pictures during construction as well as a tomb of an unknown soilder at the base of the monument. Once at the top you can see for miles in any direction. There are also canons on the side of the monument & a shop where you can get great momentos of your visit.
- In a nutshell:Great Historical Place
The Memorial Church of the Nativity built in 1902 more travel advice
If you carry anything into the monument best to carry what you will really need. It will make your venturing in to and... more travel advice
keeper7's Related Pages
Shipka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shipka: Scene of the Russo-Turkish Liberation War"
- "Shipka Monument"
- "Oh, Shipka"
- "To the top"
- "Shipka-a piece of the Bulgarian history"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shipka
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Shipka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shipka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ponce Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Astoria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.