"Portharcourt the Garden City of Nigeria" Port Harcourt by nnapr
Port Harcourt Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 40 photos
Port Harcourt, city, southeastern Nigeria, capital of Rivers State, on the Bonny River, in the Niger Delta. The city is a leading port of the country, a road, air and rail hub, and a major industrial center, and its exports include palm oil, petroleum, coal, tin, columbite, palm products, cocoa, and peanuts. Industries of the area include sawmilling, auto assembly, food canning, flour milling, tobacco processing, and the manufacture of rubber, glass, metal, and paper products, cement, petroleum products, paint, enamelware, bicycles, furniture, and soap. its locals are mostly engadged in fishing. Located in the city are the University of Port Harcourt (1975) and Rivers State University of Science and Technology (1971). The port was established by the British in 1915 and serves eastern Nigeria and parts of northern Nigeria. Population more than 5 million.
- Pros:Portharcourt is a nice city that you will really enjoy
- Cons:things a bit more expensive here than other parts of Nigeria
- In a nutshell:Come visit portharcourt
The Rivers State Governor participating in a stone laying foundation for the contruction of some low income housing... more travel advice
nnapr's Related Pages
Port Harcourt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portharcourt the Garden City of Nigeria"
- "Port Harcourt Buisness Travel"
- "Ancient Landmarks"
- "My time in Port Harcourt (working!!)"
- "Port Harcourt (Garden City), Rivers State"
- "sonny advance links technology in port harcourt"
- "Nigerias big oil town"
- See All...
- Hotels in Port Harcourt
- Restaurants in Port Harcourt
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Harcourt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Harcourt
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Port Harcourt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Harcourt
- Wrote a Review The Good works of the Governor Of Rivers State in Port Harcourt Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Respect is shown to elders in the form of greeting"
- created a Port Harcourt Travel Page "Portharcourt the Garden City of Nigeria"
Photos in Port HarcourtSee All Photos (3)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Harcourt Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos