"CHARLENE'S PIETERMARITZBURG PAGE" Pietermaritzburg by CharleneP
Pietermaritzburg Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 50 photos
Pietermaritzburg (the city) is full of Victorian and Edwardian Buildings. One landmark is the City Hall, a national Monument. Then another Victorian masterpiece is the railway station. Because of his race, Mahatma Gandhi then an aspiring lawyer, was turned off a train in 1893 (an action which sparked his revolutionary political ideas, first in South Africa and later in Inddia). You will find a statue in Church Street of the famous freedom figter.
I will update my photo's when I am back in South Africa, unfortunately all my SA photo's are still there.
CharleneP's Related Pages
Pietermaritzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Human rights icons and ultramarathons"
- "Valley of a thousand Hills"
- "CHARLENE'S PIETERMARITZBURG PAGE"
- "Pietermaritzburg - My South African hometown"
- "Not so Sleepy Hollow anymore!"
- "the Comrades Marathon start - endpoint"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pietermaritzburg
- Hotels in Pietermaritzburg
- Transportation in Pietermaritzburg
- Restaurants in Pietermaritzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Pietermaritzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pietermaritzburg
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pietermaritzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pietermaritzburg
Photos in PietermaritzburgSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 65 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de Tenerife Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Visby Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- South Africa Intro, 27 reviews, 12 photos
- Idre Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Uppsala Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hemavan Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mozambique Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue