"Perth - Western Australia" Perth by CharleneP
Perth Travel Guide: 2,350 reviews and 5,162 photos
Perth is different than the rest of Australia with its combination of Californian and a Mediterranean climate. The summers are hot and dry were the winters are mild and wet. Places closer to the sea side, remind me of Mozambique. (Just with no waves) ;o)
Western Australia covers an area of 2,525,500 Sq kms and is one of the largest states in the world, but the population is only 1.8 million people that are half of the population of Sydney, and due to its size, you need to travel far to get to places.
Kings Park is the largest inner city park in the world and BEAUTIFULL with an awesome view over the city and Swan River.
The Australian currency is the Australian Dollar - more and less equal with the US dollar.
Cash transactions are usually rounded to the nearest 5 cents.
Visa and Master Card are accepted in Perth/Australia.
Call 000 (Free call from any phone in Perth)
Call 112 (From mobile phone)
Visitors - Your travel ensurance needs to cover ambulance fees.
Chemists are open from 9am to 5am. But will find a 24 hour chemist in Perth. Std medical items such as Band-Aids and aspirin are available from service stations, supermarkets and general stores.
AREA CODES (telephones)
NSW - (02)
VIC - (03)
TAS - (03
QLD - (07)
SA - (08)
WA - (08)
NT - (08)
You can find internet access at Libraries and Info Centres
DRIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Drive on the left lane and
Cars are right hand steering.
- Pros:Good transportation
- Cons:Very hot!!!
- In a nutshell:Travel far to get to places
The Gosnells Hotel is a nice restaurant and pub, where the food is great and you can meet with your friends till late,... more travel advice
This is not a restaurant but take away. The Pizza is good and they have specials on Tuesdays. So far this is the best... more travel advice
CharleneP's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "MY TIME IN PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth, Australia - My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 65 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz de Tenerife Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Visby Intro, 18 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- South Africa Intro, 27 reviews, 12 photos
- Idre Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Uppsala Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hemavan Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mozambique Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue