"asturnut's Wildwood Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Wildwood by asturnut

Wildwood Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 282 photos

Wildwood can be summed up in a few words-- party haven, tourist trap and cheesy fun.

When I was a kid, during the school year I couldn't wait for summer break, because it meant I would get to spend a week or two "down the shore" and spend some time at Wildwood. It's a young person's paradise. There's tons of shopping, rides, games, sun and fun.

As I'm getting older, I don't enjoy Wildwood as much as I used to. I am deterred by how crowded and expensive it is, all the tourist junk for sale and roller coasters just don't seem as fun as they used to. (Oh, and since I'm married, guy watching isn't on the top of my list anymore.) ;-)

Wildwood is full of beautiful people looking for other beautiful people to hook up with and party. If that's what you're looking for, Wildwood is the place for you.

Wildwood has been undergoing a face-lift for the past several years. There has been an effort to restore the old art-deco buildings, add new piers and better roller coasters, and make everything bigger and brighter. It seems like it's working because people are flocking back to the shore and the Boardwalk looks great!

• Pros:Tons to do for kids, teenagers and the young at heart!
  • Cons:expensive, crowded, noisy
  • In a nutshell:Come's alive at night!!!
  • Last visit to Wildwood: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2003

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Interesting page. Looking at a stop here in October. Gillybob greetings

• Sep 23, 2009 at 6:10 AM

These guys are scumbags that purchase from good faith vendors and then burn them at the end of the summer. But hey, the kids like them, so let's keep supporting them!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I had never heard of this little tram before.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 6:37 AM

Wow - a trip back in time here - shades of my youth - Steve Gibson & the Redcaps w/Damita Jo - grand highschool summer treks. Grazie, Ciao, Carol

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 6:22 AM

A popular place it sems. Easy to be tempted by tourist 'junk' :-) Oh that fudge!!!... 'groan' Its a shame that things change from our childhood memories

• VinTolucci's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2004 at 5:16 PM

Dont forget to checkout Belmar when in Jersey. The beach is first rate.

• feline01's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2003 at 12:40 PM

Our last trip to Wildwood was in February. Guess we missed alot ;-)). Maybe we'll try again in September when we won't get run over by that darn tram car and the hordes of visitors. Nice page.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2003 at 9:49 PM

Looking forward to my last summer here in2003. Been around the world and Nuthin' like da wood. ;)

Badges & Stats in Wildwood

Have you been to Wildwood?

Latest Activity in Wildwood