"Kearny former home of the infamous Jesse James" Kearney by asturnut
Kearney Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 29 photos
If you're in the Kansas City area and interested in history, take a pleasant drive through the rolling green hills of northwestern Missouri for a detour to Kearny. Kearny is the former home of the notorious bank robber Jesse James. Visitors come from far and wide, as I have for many years since I was a child, to visit the James homestead. A small fee will gain visitors entrance to a small museum that houses James family memorabilia. There are sorts of interesting items on display, some of which are not a little shocking! (I'm not telling… you need to see if for yourself.) Similarly, a ticket is required for guided tours of the James' home. As a person who is fascinated by the past, I always find the tour of the home the most enjoyable part of my visit to Kearny.
asturnut's Related Pages
Kearney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kearney Is What Kearney Was"
- "Kearney, Missouri - Hometown to the James Gang"
- "Jesse James"
- "Kearny former home of the infamous Jesse James"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kearney
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Kearney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kearney
Photos in KearneySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Millville Intro, 31 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vineland Intro, 52 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 24 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asturias Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 15 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bridgeton Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue