"asturnut's new Washington Page" Washington D.C. by asturnut
Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,731 reviews and 15,308 photos
Washington DC is my favorite American city-- not because it's the capitol, but because it is the USA's most european city. The city rises early and stays up late, is incredibly crowded and bustling, has great publc transportation, is full of great architecture and museums, and has cultural activities galore. And the most obviously european element? Georgetown, where outdoor cafes and the evening stroll are very much a part of the culture.
Aside from all of the national monuments and Smithsonian museums which are a must see, DC is loaded with fine dining, shopping, concerts, cultural events, and the occasional protest. You have to choose carefully what you want to see ahead of time because it is impossible to see everything in one visit. Some of the Smithsonian museums alone could take you several days to see. You really can't go wrong taking a trip to the nation's capital.
DC has something for everyone!
- In a nutshell:The American Capitol-- the US's most european city
Georgetown is chock full of stores for people who like to shop. Whether you plan to buy, or just want to window shop,... more travel advice
The National Zoo was the most family friendly stop on our itinerary. There is something for everyone. There are hands on... more travel advice
asturnut's Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: same location listed twice,..."
- Wrote a Review Great local spot for lunch in Washington D.C. Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wonderful Modern Hotel"
- updated a Washington D.C. Travel Page "asturnut's new Washington Page"
- Commented on one of mrclay2000's Washington D.C. travel pages
Photos in Washington D.C.See All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Millville Intro, 31 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vineland Intro, 52 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 24 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asturias Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 15 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bridgeton Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue