"The Good Ole USA" United States of America by asturnut

United States of America Travel Guide: 288,293 reviews and 669,409 photos

I have attempted many times to work on my US page, and I always end up putting it off because I feel overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude and complexity of this country, and by my mixed feelings about my country.

It is very difficult to describe the United States for many reasons. The physical size and ethnic and geographic diversity alone make a summary a daunting task. And I have difficulty with identifying my perspective, which is neither anti or pro American for which reason I risk alienating readers on both sides of the fence.

I imagine this page will take quite a long time for me to complete. I ask that as this page evolves you will withhold judgement until I have had the opportunity to explore the many subjects and topics of interest upon which I intend to share.

This mosaic, which was created by a local celebrity artist in Philadelphia, is an excellent metaphor for the US. Not just in the literal metaphor of being a mosiac, but in respect to it's overt and subtle messages. This is a country with many dimensions, which superficially conveys one message, but to the attentive observer, reveals there is much to be said.

• Last visit to United States of America: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 11, 2004

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 10:56 PM

I remember going to school in buses even older than that and they were yellow, yes bright yellow. And the key words in the Pledge are "with liberty and justice for ALL"......

Badges & Stats in United States of America

Have you been to United States of America?

Latest Activity in United States of America