"asturnut's Paris Page" Paris by asturnut
Paris Travel Guide: 23,096 reviews and 57,383 photos
Lot's of people fantasize their whole life about Paris but I think the dream is better than the reality. Of all the places I've visited I would have to say Paris is the place I am least likely to return. But don't let my negative comments deter you, I still think Paris is one of those places everyone needs to see for themself. I think that if you can afford to stay and dine at Paris's luxurious locations, then you're in for a treat. But Paris is not a good destination for a budget traveler.
The best part about my trip was my day on Mont Marte and getting to sing inside Notre Dame Cathedral with my choir. I also really liked my trip out of Paris to Versailles. And the Louvre Museum would be worth the trip no matter where it is was located; it really is spectacular! There is no disputing that Paris has lots of notable architectural wonders and sites of interest. The main thing that turned me off from Paris is the arrogance of the people. If I want to be treated rudely I'll stay in NJ and it doesn't cost me anything.
(This page is a work in progress.)
A visit to the Arc D'Triumph is on the short list of things you must do while in Paris. Of course the Eifel Tower, Louvre, Mont Martre/Sacre Couer, Notre Dame, and walk the Seine are also on that list.
The beauty of Paris, in my opinion, is in her museums of course, but also in her countless churches, cathedrals and basilicas. Of course Notre Dame is the most famous and breathtaking of them all!
Paris is famous for it's avante guard Metro sings. Only a few remain throughout the city anymore, but they offer a great... more travel advice
Under Sacre Couer are catacombs that are sppoky and fun to visit. I don't remember if there was an admission charge (I... more travel advice
- You can't NOT shop in Paris
- See All The language "thing"
- Wonderful 3 Star Hotel near everything!
- The Paris Metro is very good
asturnut's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 22 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 44 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Millville Intro, 31 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vineland Intro, 52 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 24 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asturias Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Jersey Intro, 15 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bridgeton Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue