"Information about Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China" Pudong by crewrower
Pudong Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 34 photos
I have lived and worked in Pudong since August 2004. I would be glad to try and answer any questions you may have about Pudong, or about Shanghai in general.
Pudong literally means East of Huangpu. Pudong is bounded by the Huangpu river in the west and the East China Sea in the east. It has an area of 522.8 km² and a population of approximately 1.5 million people.
Pudong used to be mainly farmland and countryside until 1990, when the Chinese government decided to set up a Special Economic Zone in the district. The western tip of the Pudong district is the new financial hub of the modern China called the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone. Several landmark buildings were constructed in Lujiazui during 1990s to raise the image and awareness of the area. These include the Oriental Pearl TV Tower and the Jin Mao Building (the tallest in China). Currently under construction is the Mori Building, located next to the Jin Mao Building, which will be even taller.
Thanks to everyone who has given ratings to my Pudong tips. I don't know if trying to build a page that is about only half of one city is useful or not, so your ratings are good encourage to me to continue building this page! Thanks
I worked in the Jinmao Tower from 2004-2006, and walked by this building on the way to work or lunch, and could see it from my office. Now I'm working in a downtown part of Puxi, Shanghai
This is an enjoyable restaurant and bar. Nice atmosphere, REAL German beer. I usually go just for the beer and get... more travel advice
Itoya has at least 10 stores scattered around Shanghai, but this is the only one I know of in Pudong. If you're in the... more travel advice
crewrower's Related Pages
Pudong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Information about Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China"
- "Is this really China?"
- "PUDONG, SHANGHAI SHI, CHINA"
- "Pudong, Shanghai"
- See All...
- Hotels in Pudong
- Transportation in Pudong
- Restaurants in Pudong
- Warnings and Dangers in Pudong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pudong
- 17 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pudong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pudong
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Non-refundable hotel room"
- updated a Pudong Travel Page "Information about Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China"
- Commented on one of DarleneCMF's Pudong travel pages
- Wrote a Review Take the #2 metro line to get deep into Pudong in Pudong Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gemran beer and restaurant"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pudong Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 24 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hangzhou Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- China Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Loboc Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Beijing Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
Latest Pudong hotel reviews
- InterContinental Pudong
- 331 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013