"Antiparos, Greece" Antiparos Island by SWFC_Fan
Antiparos Island Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 14 photos
The small Greek island of Antiparos is located close to the centre of the Cyclades group of islands and just a few miles off the western coast of Paros.
How to get there?
Paros has no airport due to its small size.
It does though have regular ferry connections with its neighbouring island, Paros.
Antiparos is connected with 2 ports on Paros:
i) There are regular boats between Parikia (the capital of Paros) and Antiparos. The boats carry passengers only (ie no motor vehicles) and the journey takes 20 minutes. As at September 2005 the cost of a one-way ticket was 2.15 Euros.
ii) Alternatively, there is a regular ferry between Pounta (on Paros’s west coast) and Antiparos. This ferry is capable of taking both passengers and motor vehicles and the journey is only 5 minutes. As at September 2005 the cost of a one-way ticket was 0.70 Euros.
Antiparos is a small island with some nice beaches and a picturesque port town.
I stayed in Antiparos for only a few hours before returning to Paros. During this time, I walked along the coast from Antiparos and found several long stretches of sandy beach all of which were completely empty. I suspect they are much busier in the high season.
I also had time to explore the narrow streets of Antiparos Town. As with most of the Cyclades islands, the town exhibits the traditional low-rise, white-washed architecture and narrow cobbled streets. Antiparos Town is similar to the old town of Parikia (Paros) but on a much smaller scale.
The town has ample accommodation and numerous tavernas, bars and shops. While it is a small island, the facilities are more than adequate for anybody intending to have an extended stay here.
Many visitors visit Antiparos in order to see its famous caves. I didn’t visit the caves, but for anybody wanting to do so it appears that you can travel so far by bus and then the remainder of the journey must be made on foot (a 20 minute walk) or by donkey.
A few observations from my few hours on Antiparos:
Golden sand and blue sea
Antiparos is only a small island and I did spend only a few hours there, but my overriding memory of the island is of long stretches of golden sand and crystal clear blue sea. Despite being only a short walk from the main town, the beaches had a feeling of remoteness – this being due to the fact that there was nobody on them and there were no beachside bars/tavernas, sunbeds for hire or watersports taking place. If you’re looking for a quiet beach to relax upon, then you could do much worse than head for Antiparos.
- Pros:Great beaches, very relaxing
- Cons:You'll struggle to be entertained for more than a few days
- In a nutshell:An excellent place for a day or two on the beach!
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Antiparos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antiparos, Greece"
- "Antiparos Island"
- "Antiparos Panorama"
- "Peaceful, colourful, cozy, hippy - Antiparos"
- "Anitparos stole my heart"
- "Antiparos Summer 2010"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antiparos Island
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Antiparos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antiparos Island
Photos in Antiparos IslandSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Baie Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues