"Bourgas, Bulgaria" Top 5 Page for this destination Burgas by SWFC_Fan

Burgas Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 346 photos

Bourgas, Bulgaria

Bourgas is the 4th largest city in Bulgaria, (after Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna), with a population of around 250,000.

It is located on the Black Sea, about 100km north of the border with Turkey.

Bourgas has an international airport, serving the numerous beach resorts which are situated close to the city.

• Last visit to Burgas: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2006

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Jonathan, these false perceptions of grandeur will do you no good. When WE take the league, you will be weeping in to your milk! Gillybob greetings

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Jonathan, lovely little page about Burgas. Up to now I have only visited Sofia in Bulgaria, but would love to see more of the country.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Hi Jonathon, yay, finding pages Ive not visited before

• WadQuad's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Yeah, and by the bus station I was approached by a guy wanting to exchange currency, but when I turned him down he aggressively tried to sell me drugs! This happened in a small park with families and elderly people all around me. So watch out!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Wonder why they called the Black Sea black? Nice Bulgarian town of Burgas. I only know that Sofia is the capita of Bulgarial. Cheers, SL

• Aug 18, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Are you *happy* yet?;o) // Well, are you!?:o) (Oh, and please remember that my English isn't that good, I need to use my dictionary all the time, which is *probably* why you write tips quicker than I do!!!;o)) (Btw, what are the black bits in the.....;o))

• rowo's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 8:19 AM

nice city i also stayed two times until and will come back this autum again! Hope you enjoyed the Bulgarian Cost!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 1:40 AM

it seems nice and beautiful for visitors

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 2:25 PM

Didnt see Burgas this time as we flew into Varna so we did the north side, next visit we will go further south.

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Zadar (April), Murcia (July)”

Badges & Stats in Burgas