"Alvor, Portugal" Alvor by SWFC_Fan
Alvor Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 373 photos
The resort town of Alvor lies between Portimao and Lagos in Portugal's Algarve region.
It is a relatively small town (population circa 7,000), and the main attraction is arguably the long sandy beach located nearby.
I spent only half a day in Alvor, after taking a short taxi ride from Portimao. I spent a little while discovering the town itself (some nice, characteristic streets and the usual tourist facilities and amenities).
However, most of my time there was spent walking along the beach and swimming in the sea. Even in the middle of June (peak season), there are large areas of deserted beach, especially as you make your way further away from the hotels in the town.
Arguably, the main attraction to Alvor is its superb beach. It is long and sandy, and shelves gently into the sea,... more travel advice
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Alvor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alvor, A Lovely Place"
- "My favourite place in the World!"
- "Alvor - its quality not quantity"
- "Old fishing village"
- "Alvor, Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alvor
- Hotels in Alvor
- Transportation in Alvor
- Nightlife in Alvor
- Restaurants in Alvor
- Shopping in Alvor
- Warnings and Dangers in Alvor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alvor
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Alvor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alvor
Photos in AlvorSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 214 photos, 13 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues