"Ferragudo, Portugal" Top 5 Page for this destination Ferragudo by SWFC_Fan
Ferragudo Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 70 photos
The picturesque village of Ferragudo is located in the Algarve region of Portugal.
It lies on the Arade River, facing the well-known tourist resort of Praia da Rocha.
It is said to be the most photographed village in the whole of Portugal, and it is easy to see why.
Approaching Ferragudo by road from Portimao provides a stunning view across the harbour (with its numerous fishing boats) to the whitewashed houses on the opposite hillside.
Walking along the beach, you will approach Ferragudo's impressive fort. Due to its position and colour, it looks remarkably like a giant sandcastle.
Ferragudo's 17th Century fort stands at the entrance to the village's harbour, overlooking Praia Grande beach and the... more travel advice
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Ferragudo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unspoiled river port town - Ferragudo, Portugal"
- "Ferragudo, Portugal"
- "Small village with old town charm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ferragudo
- Transportation in Ferragudo
- Nightlife in Ferragudo
- Restaurants in Ferragudo
- Shopping in Ferragudo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ferragudo
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Ferragudo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ferragudo
Photos in FerragudoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 214 photos, 13 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues