"Bilbao, Spain" Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao by SWFC_Fan

• Last visit to Bilbao: Dec 2012
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2013

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Just checking out Bilbao which is the starting point of our next holiday.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I'm sure you'll have a very enjoyable time in northern Spain!
      The cities are full of sights, the coastline is spectacular and the food and drink are world class! :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Jonathan, are you planning to add an accomodation tip to this page? Bilbao will be the starting point of our upcoming two weeks trip through Northern Spain in April/May So I will come back to check your page in detail in the next days.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
      Apr 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM

This page is really helpful for our upcoming two weeks trip to Northern Spain. Apart from Bilbao, also Santander and San Sebastian are on our list. So now we know how to get to thse cities. Well done.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Thanks Holger!
      I'm really glad that my tips are proving useful for your upcoming trip.
      I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip around northern Spain, with lots of great sights and some of the best food I've ever experienced. The pintxos bars, especially in San Sebastian and Bilbao, are excellent. I could easily spend whole days wandering from one to the next nibbling on the vast array of culinary delights and drinking glasses of Txakoli wine or cold beers.
      If you have any questions before your trip, be sure to email me. There is plenty of information that I haven't got around to uploading yet.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I'm sure you did something besides eat! Didn't you? :-) I recognize the architect on the main photo, we have a Gehry structure very similar in Chicago in Millennium Park.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
      Jan 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Ha ha, can't believe you are encouraging me to go to a new country. Unless you want to use it as an excuse to cross into Armenia or Azerbaijan ;-) Maybe I should go have a look at your Sarajevo page...

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hahaha....well, now that you mention it, I'm sure you can find decent Serbian and Bosnian cuisine in Chicago....why bother traipsing half way around the world!!? ;-)

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Love the Bird's eye view of Bilbao mate.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Thanks mate!
      It was pretty cold up there when I took that photo! We'd just caught the Artxanda Funicular up to the top of the hill.
      The Guggenheim Museum is just out of shot - a short distance to the right of where the photo ends.

SWFC_Fan

“Next stop: Murcia (July)”

Badges & Stats in Bilbao