Copenhagen Hotel Tips by SWFC_Fan
Copenhagen Hotels: 34,184 reviews and 461 photos
Loeven Hotel, Copenhagen
I stayed at Loeven Hotel for 2 nights during a visit to Copenhagen in August 2007.
I made my booking via www.hostelbookers.com and paid 35 GBP per night for a private single room with shared bathroom facilities. Rooms for 2 to 5 people are available for cheaper prices per person.
This budget hotel is located on Vesterbrogade, less than a 10 minute walk from the central train station and Tivoli Gardens. From the train station: head left along Bernstorffsgade for 50m, the turn left onto Vesterbrogade (you’ll see the Hard Rock café on the corner to your right hand side). Walk down Vesterbrogade for 500m or so and you’ll see Loeven Hotel on the right hand side. It is quite easy to miss, but there is a sign on the outside of the building. Ring the appropriate bell for the hotel and you’ll be let in. Reception is on the first floor.
My small single room was located on the hotel’s 4th floor. There is a glass fronted lift in the hotel, so no need to walk up too many stairs.
The room was tiny, with a single bed, a small set of drawers, a wooden table and chair, a lamp, a waste paper basket and a mirror and two paintings on the wall. That was it. There was no television, no telephone and no wardrobe. I knew what I was getting for my money and I was happy to forego these luxuries in order to obtain a cheap room in a central location. While the room was small and simple, it was also clean and comfortable.
The shared shower room consisted of a toilet, a washbasin and a shower attachment. There was no bathtub or shower cubicle, simply an attachment and a curtain. I was happy enough with these arrangements given the short length of my stay. The hotel provided clean towels each day and the shower room was cleaned daily by the maids.
Unique Qualities: .
The friendly receptionist who greeted me when I first checked in spoke perfect English and was happy to tell me a bit about the city and to provide me with a free street map.
She also told me to feel free to make use of the communal kitchen, which included complimentary coffee and tea, and to make use of the fridge if I so desired (and to mark anything that I put in there with a sticker to identify it as mine). Given the short length of my stay, I never needed to use, nor even saw, the kitchen.
I saw a sign on a door that was advertising breakfast for 49 Kroners, but I never found out what it consisted of.
Guests have to check out of their rooms by 10am, but the receptionist was happy for me to store my baggage, free of charge, in reception until I left for the train station late in the afternoon.
An excellent value, centrally located hotel. Highly recommended for budget travellers!
Address: Vesterbrogade 30, Copenhagen
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Located on Vesterbrogade, about 10 minutes walking distance from the central train station and Tivoli Gardens.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 33 79 67 20
More Reviews (12)
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 13 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (65)
Read real reviews about Copenhagen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 242 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 239 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hikkaduwa Intro, 25 reviews, 228 photos, 14 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 222 photos, 14 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 177 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 15 reviews, 158 photos, 10 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nyhavn- 102 Reviews, 185 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Tivoli Garden- 134 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 48 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 103 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 77 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 33 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 72 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Strøget- 46 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Rosenborg Palace & Kongens Have- 62 Reviews, 129 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do