"Monastir, Tunisia" Monastir by SWFC_Fan
Monastir Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 344 photos
Monastir is located on the east coast of Tunisia, close to the city of Sousse.
Monastir has a population of around 80,000 people and contains an international airport.
It is widely regarded as the cleanest town in Tunisia - the result of large amounts of public money being spent on the town during the reign of Habib Bourguiba, who was born in Monastir, and is buried in the mausoleum there.
Unfortunately, my visit there in February 2003 coincided with a heavy rainstorm, so my overriding memory of Monastir is one of dark skies and unrelenting rain!
The ribat in Monastir was built in 796 to defend the coast from various invaders, but its structure has been reworked a... more travel advice
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Monastir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monastir-city with spirit"
- "Monastir - Tunisia's famous Ribat"
- "Monastir, Tunisia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monastir
- Hotels in Monastir
- Transportation in Monastir
- Nightlife in Monastir
- Restaurants in Monastir
- Shopping in Monastir
- Warnings and Dangers in Monastir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monastir
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Monastir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monastir
Photos in MonastirSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 214 photos, 13 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues