Brisbane Transportation Tips by SWFC_Fan

Brisbane Transportation: 124 reviews and 122 photos

Coachtrans minibus at Brisbane airport - Brisbane

Coachtrans minibus at Brisbane airport

Transfers to/from Brisbane airport Brisbane Airport Review

I used Coachtrans' airport transfer service to get from Brisbane airport to my accommodation in the Spring Hills area of the city during my visit to Brisbane in April 2006.

These minibuses drop each passenger off right outside their chosen accommodation, so there's no need to worry about finding the right place. Each minibus can hold circa 12 passengers and luggage is carried in a separate cart that is towed behind the minibus.

Minibuses run from the airport to Brisbane approximately every 30 minutes and the journey time is about 25-30 minutes depending on the number of drop-offs and the location of your accommodation.

As at April 2006, the cost of a one-way transfer from the airport to Brisbane was 11 AUD, although, when returning to the airport at the end of my stay I booked this service through my hotel and was charged 15 AUD (I assume the 4 AUD difference was the hotel's commission). By contrast, the Brisbane Air Train would have cost me 12 AUD to Brisbane central station and then I'd have had to pay for a taxi from there to Spring Hills - so this transfer was excellent value for money for me.

Tickets are purchased from a kiosk outside the arrivals hall, next to where the minibuses depart from.

The company also operates minibuses from the airport to the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. Tickets are bought from the same kiosk as the Brisbane transfer tickets and the minibuses depart (less frequently) from the same point:

Skytrans = airport to Brisbane: Tel (07) 3238 4799

Airporter = airport to Gold Coast: Tel (07) 3238 4700

Mode: TO,AROUND

Phone: (07) 3238 4799

Type: Other

Website: http://www.coachtrans.com.au/default.aspx

• Updated Aug 16, 2006

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Zadar (April), Murcia (July)”

Badges & Stats in Brisbane

Have you been to Brisbane?

Latest Activity in Brisbane