Brisbane Transportation Tips by SWFC_Fan
Brisbane Transportation: 131 reviews and 137 photos
Coachtrans minibus at Brisbane airport
I used Coachtrans' airport transfer service to get from Brisbane airport to my accommodation in the Spring Hills area of the city during my visit to Brisbane in April 2006.
These minibuses drop each passenger off right outside their chosen accommodation, so there's no need to worry about finding the right place. Each minibus can hold circa 12 passengers and luggage is carried in a separate cart that is towed behind the minibus.
Minibuses run from the airport to Brisbane approximately every 30 minutes and the journey time is about 25-30 minutes depending on the number of drop-offs and the location of your accommodation.
As at April 2006, the cost of a one-way transfer from the airport to Brisbane was 11 AUD, although, when returning to the airport at the end of my stay I booked this service through my hotel and was charged 15 AUD (I assume the 4 AUD difference was the hotel's commission). By contrast, the Brisbane Air Train would have cost me 12 AUD to Brisbane central station and then I'd have had to pay for a taxi from there to Spring Hills - so this transfer was excellent value for money for me.
Tickets are purchased from a kiosk outside the arrivals hall, next to where the minibuses depart from.
The company also operates minibuses from the airport to the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. Tickets are bought from the same kiosk as the Brisbane transfer tickets and the minibuses depart (less frequently) from the same point:
Skytrans = airport to Brisbane: Tel (07) 3238 4799
Airporter = airport to Gold Coast: Tel (07) 3238 4700
Phone: (07) 3238 4799
More Reviews (13)
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Brisbane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BRISBANE - CAPITAL OF QUEENSLAND"
- "MY HOME"
- "Be it ever so humble......."
- "Home on the Range"
- "A big country town.................."
- "OK BRISBANE, HERE I COME"
- "Brisbane - the big country town has come of age!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brisbane
- Hotels in Brisbane
- Transportation in Brisbane
- Nightlife in Brisbane
- Restaurants in Brisbane
- Shopping in Brisbane
- Warnings and Dangers in Brisbane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brisbane
- 14 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Brisbane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brisbane
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hennig Wehn on Woul I Lie to..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Brisbane travel pages
- Wrote a Review City Hall and King George Square about City Hall and Brisbane Museum in Brisbane Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "City Hall and King George Square"
- created a Brisbane Travel Page "Brisbane, Australia"
Photos in BrisbaneSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 242 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 239 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hikkaduwa Intro, 25 reviews, 228 photos, 14 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 222 photos, 14 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 177 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 15 reviews, 158 photos, 10 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Southbank- 65 Reviews, 131 Photos
- Roma Street Parklands- 25 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary- 27 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Mt Cootha- 16 Reviews, 23 Photos
- ChinaTown- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens- 14 Reviews, 43 Photos
- St Stephen's Cathedral- 15 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Story Bridge- 15 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Anzac Square War Memorial- 13 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Queen Street Mall- 12 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Brisbane Things to Do