"Buraimi, Oman" Al Buraymi by SWFC_Fan
Al Buraymi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
The town of Buraimi (or Wilayat Al-Buraimi to give it its full name) lies on the Omani side of the UAE-Oman border.
To all intents and purposes, Buraimi is joined to the town of Al-Ain (in the UAE) and you can cross freely between the two towns without encountering any border controls. It is also possible to spend UAE Dirhams in Buraimi, so you don’t need to worry about changing currency into Omani Riyals.
I only spent a few hours in Buraimi, as part of a daytrip from Dubai to Al-Ain. Upon arriving in Al-Ain you can simply take a taxi to Buraimi (only a 5 minute journey). I visited the town’s souk, which was completely devoid of tourists and therefore much more authentic than some other souks I have visited (but also a little more intimidating!).
I then walked the few kilometers along the town’s main road back into the UAE.
Buraimi is not particularly spectacular, but if you’re in Al-Ain then it’s definitely worthwhile spending a little time crossing the non-existent border into Oman!
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Al Buraymi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WALKING TO OMAN"
- "Oasis Frontier"
- "Gateway to Dubai Desert Safari"
- "Buraimi, Oman"
- "Exit from UAE"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Buraymi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Al Buraymi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Buraymi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 214 photos, 13 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues