"Tbilisi, Georgia" Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi by SWFC_Fan

• Last visit to T'bilisi: Feb 2013
  • Intro Written Feb 23, 2013

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM

What detailed and informative tips you've got here! I'm grateful to Holger who recommended this page to me. I'm going to Georgia in August and the info provided by you will definitely be useful.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Thank you Malgorzata (and thanks to Holger for the recommendation!).
      I'm sure you'll have a great time in Tbilisi - it's a fascinating city with plenty of sights and delicious food and wine! :-)
      If you have any questions before your trip, feel free to ask and I'll try to help if I can.
      Have a wonderful trip! :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Wow, what adventures! T is still on my wish list :-)

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Hi Sonja, and thanks for dropping by!
      I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tbilisi - it's a great city to explore! It's got loads of history and character, a few new developments (such as Peace Bridge and the cable cars), excellent food and wonderful wine and beer! :-)

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Some great tips and travelogues here. The Peace Bridge looks so modern compared to its surroundings.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Thanks Steve!
      The Peace Bridge is certainly conspicuous isn't it!? There are a few ultra-modern developments that really stand out against the crumbling buildings of the old town areas. There are a couple of impressive looking cylindrical glass buildings being built in Rike Park; I thought they might be an exciting new attraction, but apparently they are going to be governmental office buildings.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Jonathan, fabulous and very detailed page about your recent visit of Tbilisi, which is still on our must visit list. Interesting to read that people pay the marshrutka fare when getting off. I am glad to read that you learned how to built an effective fire in one of the restaurants. I would love to try a Churchkhela right now.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
      May 18, 2014 at 6:52 AM

I have added all 30 tips to my Trip Planner, so that I am now well prepared for the upcoming trip to Tbilisi.

May 26, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Thanks Holger - I am really pleased that you have been able to make use of the tips!
      Have a fantastic trip...and be sure to visit Mirzaani for a beer (probably the best beer in Tbilisi from my experience!).
      Looking forward to reading about your stay in Georgia (and maybe Armenia?) on your return.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Great tips Jonathan! Reading your tips brought back many good memories from my two visits and I'm glad I visited in July and not in February.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Mar 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Just came back to see some more of your great tips! The sulfurous bath sounds to be fun, that's something I didn't try while I was in Tbilisi.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Thanks Malena!
      The sulphur baths were an ideal way to relax after a day of sightseeing. Unfortunately, the Orbeliani Baths were closed for refurbishments. They are apparently the most authentic of the bathing complexes. The Royal Baths were a great alternative though!

SWFC_Fan

“Next stop: Riga, Latvia (December)”

Badges & Stats in T'bilisi

Have you been to T'bilisi?

Videos in T'bilisi