"Eilat, Israel" Eilat by SWFC_Fan
Eilat Travel Guide: 386 reviews and 1,148 photos
Eilat is an upmarket holiday resort in the south of Israel, located on the Red Sea and famed for its diving and watersports.
A number of lavish hotels and opulent shopping malls line the palm fringed beaches, while more casual establishments serve fast food and beers by the sea.
There are numerous restaurants serving all types of international cuisine and, as well as the malls, there are also outdoor markets selling clothing and souvenirs.
We arrived in Eilat for a daytrip from the resort of Aqaba in neighbouring Jordan and the contrast between the two was amazing. Despite the short distance between the two resorts, Eilat is a modern, chic destination while Aqaba is a more traditional, conservative town.
Eilat was relatively expensive in comparison to neighbouring Jordan, but still comparatively cheap in comparison to beach resorts in Europe.
We felt totally safe in Eilat, despite the tensions in the region and I would urge people not to be deterred from visiting Eilat because of events elsewhere in the Middle East.
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Eilat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the sun shines 350 days a year.."
- "Eilat - The city of tourism"
- "Eilat - a resort on the Red Sea"
- "The Ultimate Beach Resort"
- "Few more photos"
- "The tourist city of israel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eilat
- Hotels in Eilat
- Transportation in Eilat
- Nightlife in Eilat
- Restaurants in Eilat
- Shopping in Eilat
- Warnings and Dangers in Eilat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eilat
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Eilat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eilat
Photos in EilatSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 214 photos, 13 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 20 reviews, 146 photos, 6 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 21 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues