"Marigot Bay, St Lucia" Marigot Bay by SWFC_Fan
Marigot Bay Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Marigot Bay lies on the west coast of St Lucia, to the north of Anse La Raye and to the south of the capital, Castries.
Guidebooks refer to it as being one of the most picturesque anchorages in the whole of the Caribbean.
While it is undoubtedly picturesque, surrounded as it is with lush forests and fringed with palm trees, I didn't find it to be as spectacular as some of the harbours that I have visited in the Greek islands.
Clearly, others have been more impressed with the bay than I was (the film "Doctor Dolittle", amongst other films, was set here for instance) and a variety of famous people are rumoured to own property near the bay.
My visit was admittedly a short one, a brief stop for photos en route from Soufriere to Castries on a catamaran, and it was raining heavily at the time. Maybe it would have made more of an impression on me if it had been bathed in sunshine!
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Marigot Bay
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Marigot Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marigot Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 242 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 239 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hikkaduwa Intro, 25 reviews, 228 photos, 14 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 222 photos, 14 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 177 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 15 reviews, 158 photos, 10 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues