Singapore Transportation Tips by SWFC_Fan
Singapore Transportation: 394 reviews and 433 photos
Sentosa island, Singapore
The theme park island of Sentosa lies off the southern coast of Singapore island.
It is possible to reach Sentosa by public transport. Using the ultra-efficient MRT network, you need to take a train to Harbour Front MRT station. This will involve a change of trains at Outram Park MRT station.
I started my journey from Bugis MRT station and the journey to Harbour Front took about 20 minutes (including a few minutes waiting for a connecting train at Outram Park). The cost of the journey was just S$1.50.
Upon arrival at Harbour Front, the various methods of crossing over to Sentosa are clearly signposted. Follow the signs through the adjoining shopping mall to the buses, ferries and cable cars that make the short journey across to Sentosa. It is also possible to walk across the bridge to Sentosa from here.
I purchased a ticket for Sentosa which included amongst the various attractions cable car transfers to and from the island. This is a great way to arrive at the island - the views are spectacular (but it's not for the faint-hearted!).
Phone: 1800-336 8900
Ang Mo Kio MRT station
While you're in Singapore, there's a good chance that you'll want to visit either Singapore Zoo or the neighbouring Night Safari. These are both located some way north of the city centre - so how do you get there?
The quickest way would be to take one of the numerous, cheap taxis. The journey should take about 25 minutes and cost no more than S$15.
Alternatively, if you're travelling on a tight budget, it is possible to reach the zoo/safari by means of public transport. First take the MRT as far as Ang Mo Kio station (on the North-South line). Depending where in the city you start your journey, the train to Ang Mo Kio will cost somewhere between S$1.50 and S$2.50.
Then, from directly outside Ang Mo Kio station take local bus #138 directly to the entrance of the zoo/safari. The bus journey from Ang Mo Kio takes about 20 minutes and tickets (costing S$1.50) are purchased from the driver.
If you're visiting the night safari, be sure to check the time of the last bus from the safari back to Ang Mo Kio.
When paying the bus driver, you don't actually give the money to the driver. Instead you put it into a metal slot which (I assume) is capable of determining how much money you've put in. The driver then gives you a ticket - but apparently doesn't give any change, so ensure that you have the correct change with you.
Phone: 1800-336 8900
More Reviews (25)
SWFC_Fan's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 27 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: good hotel near ben thaan..."
- created a Singapore Travelogue ""Wonder Full" Light & Water Show"
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Wonder Full" Light & Water Show"
- Uploaded a Video to Singapore
- Commented on one of SWFC_Fan's Singapore tips
- Wrote a Review Liquid nitrogen ice cream! about 320 Below Nitro Cream Cafe in Singapore Restaurants
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (140)
Videos in SingaporeSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 30 reviews, 242 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 29 reviews, 239 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hikkaduwa Intro, 25 reviews, 228 photos, 14 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 23 reviews, 222 photos, 14 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 23 reviews, 177 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 15 reviews, 158 photos, 10 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 141 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sentosa Island- 78 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Little India- 61 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Universal Studios- 25 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Orchard Road- 40 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Clarke Quay- 29 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Zoological Gardens & Night Safari- 129 Reviews, 210 Photos
- Bugis Street- 14 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Jurong Bird Park- 51 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Songs of the Sea - Sentosa Island - CLOSED- 31 Reviews, 69 Photos
- National Orchid Garden- 27 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All Singapore Things to Do