My Favorite Pages

Varadero

Travel Map

briantravelman's Profile Photo
briantravelman Jun 8, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Nice Caribbean pages. Nice to see some new Aruba pages here.

SWFC_Fan Jun 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Thanks Brian - I've still got a lot of work to do on them! :-)
    I'll drop by for a read of your Aruba pages when I get chance. We loved the island and will perhaps go back there one day, so I'll be interested to read up on the things that we missed this time around. We tried to fit as much as we could into 8 days - but couldn't fit everything in!

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    briantravelman Jun 8, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Please do.
    I loved the island as well.
    I'll check back to your Caribbean pages often as well. I'm still working on some of mine as well.

8 days, and it wasn't enough?
    We were there for 6 full days, and we saw almost everything we wanted to, except Pos Abao, and some Indian rock art. We almost went to Pos Abao, but the time we figured out how to get there, it was too late. I'm not gonna lie, we could've used 2 extra days.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs May 12, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Have you been to Aruba yet? Heading to Belgium and Germany soon and you'll be glad to know that the next two trips after that are York/London and Scotland :-)

SWFC_Fan May 31, 2015 at 3:48 PM

We got a nice view of Curacao and Bonaire from the air...and we spent over an hour in Bonaire airport (but won't be considering it visited at this stage! ;-)) I will certainly be keeping an eye on the KLM flights to the region from now on!
    I will have no choice but to go out and explore the UK this summer - for the first time in as long as I can remember, we currently have NO flights booked. Zero, zilch, nada! :-(
    Still no word from Cuba on the marriage certificate and Emma's passport runs out in 5 weeks time. We could squeeze a trip in before then, but can't book anything beyond mid-July as we don't know whether Emma will be travelling under her maiden name or married name.
    On the plus side, a few months without foreign travel might help me to clear 10 years worth of reviews that I've never got around to uploading! ;-)
    How was Deutschland? :-)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dabs May 31, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Had a great time even though the weather never got very nice except for the 1st couple of days. Saw lots of cute German towns, ate lots of German food, drank lots of beer. Only disappointment was Dusseldorf. Our next two trips are both to the UK so tell Emma thanks for keeping you under control ;-)

davidjo's Profile Photo
davidjo Apr 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Hope SWFC get a result at Watford next week to complete the fairy tale of Bournemouth (assuming they win)

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    davidjo May 12, 2015 at 8:38 PM

But will they survive a year in the premiership, somehow i doubt it !

SWFC_Fan May 13, 2015 at 12:48 AM

I think you're probably right - although I thought the same thing when Swansea were promoted. And Stoke. I'm sure they'll continue their attractive style of football.

paddington28's Profile Photo
paddington28 Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18 AM

SWFC_Fan Apr 10, 2015 at 5:36 AM

Thanks Ben! I've just replied to your email re KL (my info is a little outdated, but hopefully it will help! :-))
    Cheers,
    Jonathan

Linse's Profile Photo
Linse Mar 2, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'price level'. You've been a huge help.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Jan 5, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Happy New Year to you and the new Mrs.! The cruise is getting close, I think I'm adding 3 more countries to the tally and will be at 82 byt the official SWFC rules! Does that give me a little more breathing room? Because all of these disappearing flights in SE Asia are making me a little reluctant to go there!

SWFC_Fan Jan 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Phase 1 of "Operation Catch Up" has now commenced! Flights to Mahe, Seychelles (#77) are booked for March! It'll only be one new country on this trip, but hoping to visit 5 of the islands (and maybe one or two more little ones!).
    Have you been on the cruise yet? How was it? Did you successfully add 3 new countries (or did bad weather/political instability force you to re-route to countries that you'd already visited? ;-))

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dabs Jan 26, 2015 at 11:06 AM

No such luck, three new ones have been added! Sitting in Aruba waiting for our flight, will send a note once I have a real keyboard

suvanki's Profile Photo
suvanki Jan 4, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Happy New Year to You and Mrs SWFC_Fan and All The Best for 2015 - Hope that you had a Good Christmas!
Errrrrrrr is this the point where I now mention that one Sheffield team is still in the FA Cup????
Didn't follow either matches I'm afraid - a friend 'phoned me and let me know the results - sounds like you were unlucky :-/ ah well - let's see if we manage to hold it together - I guess there will be the usual 'drama' that UTD seem to create :-)

Thought Gilly would have beaten me to this ;-)

Gillybob's Profile Photo
Gillybob Dec 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Right, one more week and then it's time for you to switch it up a gear.

SWFC_Fan Jan 12, 2015 at 1:47 PM

So far, so good in 2015! Who knows, maybe we'll see a Sheffield promotion double! ;-)

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Gillybob Jan 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Nah. Derby time next year, though!!! :-p

Parisforless's Profile Photo
Parisforless Dec 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Happy birthday,Yes I'm late but i'm still wishing you to explore the world!!!

Opondili01's Profile Photo
Opondili01 Nov 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Happy belated birthday Jonathan

SWFC_Fan Nov 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Thank you very much, Theo! :-)
    Just returned home from a couple of weeks in Cuba...and struggling a little with jetlag!