"All Things Nittany..." State College by bokononist
State College Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 203 photos
Welcome to the home of Pennsylvania State University and its Nittany Lions! This entire town revolves around the university - it's in the middle of nowhere but somehow 110,000 people still manage to make it here for game weekends.
Despite being an isolated little college town, there are plenty of good times to be had. Most nightlife revolves around the bars downtown or parties, but the surrounding area is beautiful. You can keep busy with a climb up Mount Nittany or a visit to historic Boalsburg or Bellefonte nearby. Or you can wander around campus and look at the three different spots that mark the geographic center of Pennyslvania. During the summer and fall, famers from all over (including the Amish) sell their produce at the famers market and every summer the town hosts a major art fair.
As I get to know my new home a little better I'll add more.
take 'em to a Lions game at Beaver Stadium - cheer with 110,000 other crazy, drunk fans!
the mountain may not seem that tall but campus looks awfully tiny from the top :-) it's a really nice view, especially... more travel advice
you MUST go to a Nittany Lions football game at the fabulous Beaver Stadium - one of the biggest in the country -... more travel advice
bokononist's Related Pages
State College Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Happy Valley ~ State College, Pennsylvania"
- "flayaway's new State College Page"
- "Joe Paterno's Kingdom"
- "All Things Nittany..."
- "maryjwb's State College Page"
- "Ice Cream Paradise"
- "STATE COLLEGE, PENNSYLVANIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State College
- Hotels in State College
- Transportation in State College
- Nightlife in State College
- Restaurants in State College
- Shopping in State College
- Warnings and Dangers in State College
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State College
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to State College?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State College
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 38 reviews, 24 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Belfast Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carrick Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 24 reviews, 3 photos
- Derry Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Antrim Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Qingdao Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos