"West Point Page" Top 5 Page for this destination West Point by bokononist

West Point Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 76 photos

West Point is truly a beautiful place- unexpectedly so for me. I wasn't sure what to expect but I took a trip there from DC with my boyfriend at the time, whose parents had gone there and were married there, and he wanted to see it. In my American Military History class we had studied it a bit in the context of the revolutionary war - understanding the strategic advantage of the fort is a lot easier when you see it - looking down on the river from the bluffs.
There's a really pretty church there and nice little museum. You can take a guided tour as well and see the cadets doing their military exercises. I assume that if it's anything like the Naval Academy then they also do parades frequently, but we didn't get to see any as we were only there for an afternoon.
The surrounding area is gorgeous, I imagine it would be perfect in the fall with all the leaves changing. West Point is defintely worth a visit if you're at all interested in military history or just want to see what life is like at one of the country's most prestigious schools.

For more information about visiting West Point go to:

• Intro Written Jul 10, 2002

bokononist

“When life hands you lemons ask for a bottle of tequila and salt.”

Badges & Stats in West Point

Have you been to West Point?

Latest Activity in West Point