"The Tiny Island Of Guam" Top 5 Page for this destination Guam by Trina2383

Guam Travel Guide: 585 reviews and 1,786 photos

My thoughts......

Guam may not be the most beautiful island in the world, but while standing in certain places, it sure feels that way!
Almost every where you look there is something different (Different meaning things you don't see in the states). When I first came to Guam I hated it. I wanted to turn around and go back home. I felt that way for about six months. But I've learned that the reason I felt that way was because I never gave the island a chance. It wasn't what I was use to, so I didn't want anything to do with it. Now that I've been here a while, it's kinda grown on me. The people are so nice and they treat you like kings and queens. I'll be leaving here in March of 2004 and I'm really starting to think that I don't want to go......

Dustin's Picture

My husband doesn't take many pictures, but when he does they always turn out so well. He took this picture at the southern end of the island while we were out driving around one day.
Just some more proof that Guam and it's views are beautiful.

Statue

This is the Santa Marian Camalin statue, found at the southern end of the island.....I'm not sure why it is important, but I'll be looking into that and posting here!

• Intro Updated Sep 1, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM

nice page Trina

• peredo24's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2009 at 6:34 AM

In the 1960's the Airforce brought the brown tree snake in from the philipines. since then very little help from them has been seen to irradicated these pests. thank you for recognizing guam for its beauty and people..

• thechels's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 11:58 AM

wow, I love your Guam pages... Hafa Adai!... You brought tears to my eyes. I haven't been there in 15 years, I saw new things on your pages, like the underwater world which looks grrooovvvy as get out. thanks for sharing!

• Apr 3, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Thanks so much for this.. You don't know how well you eased my nervousness! We are heading over there soon via military.. it's was some great INFO!

• Feb 24, 2007 at 1:57 PM

good info. its good to hear that you gave guam a chance to really see how it is. i for one is from guam and in pittsburgh pa. for a year. despite the bigotry i encountered in pitts. i gave it a chance. so, good for you and guam is good.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Nice job on "The Rock" ! Spent a few nights there when we had emergencies back in my AF days. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Happy Birthday and happy travels

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 7:38 AM

We enjoyed your Guam page. It is a place that we knew very little about before visiting your page. Thanks for the hard work.

• Anton_Ernst's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 10:55 AM

Excellent description! I guess the Guam equivalent of "haulin' ass" would be "haulin' sand."

• vigi's Profile Photo