"A M S T E R D A M ." Amsterdam by VincentJJ
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,233 reviews and 21,443 photos
"SEX DRUGS & ROCK&ROLL" !!!
(And a lot of other things!)
==>>>> YOU WON'T FIND THIS FOUNTAIN ANYMORE!!!!!
WILL IT BE PLACED BACK?????? <<<<<==
and: (for the Dutch speaking)
Amsterdam's famous Red Light District covers a large area in the oldest part of the city. It has been servicing the personal needs and desires of locals and visitors for five centuries. There is a certain charm to the area thanks to the old buildings leaning at odd angles overlooking tree-enshrouded canals, while inviting pubs, cafes and coffeeshops tempt you to linger longer. Music of every genre can be heard along the streets from a dozen or more venues late at night. Recently redone streets, revamped façades, new, classier resturants are now transforming what was once dark and dingy into one of the most attractive parts of town! Now there are more reasons then ever to visit the Red Light district, and experience this very special place.
The narrow alleyways that reflect the inviting red glow of the large picture windows where an endless stream of horny men oogle nearly naked female flesh is of course the main attraction. The women behind the windows run the gamut from young and beautiful to grandmotherly and almost revolting. There's enough diversity here including Asian, Black, Latin and of course European women to satisfy any fantasy. So why not Get Laid?!
The hoertjes (hookers) are completely legal and regulated by the government now, ensuring that they have access to medical care. There is even a sort of union for the prostitutes to help lobby the government when needed. For more info about prostitution, we recommend you pay a visit to PIC, the Prostitution Information Center, where their helpful staff can answer your questions and you can view their exhibits and purchase condoms and lubricants.
From the gothic Oudekerk, or Old Church, narrow alleyways lead through the busiest section of the Red Light District. The sacred and profane have coexisted in this section of Amsterdam for a long time. The XXX logo of Amsterdam once meant charity, resolution, and heroism, but now conjures up the image of a lewd city. Indeed one might get the wrong idea about Amsterdam and the Dutch if one visited only this area of town. Their tolerant attitudes towards prostitution, soft drugs and pornography result from an acceptance that these things are human and a reluctance to criminalize common (and profitable) vices.
The narrow alley ways of the Red Light District are busy all day long. In the peak evening hours business is so brisk you might have to wait! Remember, photography of the ladies is not permitted and you will be in trouble if you try. Along the canals are some of the big sex shows. The Casa Rosso and the Banana Bar are the most famous. Hidden away in less obvious locations are a number of brothels that cater to a more discerning clientele. Some of these brothels have been around for ages in classy canal houses easy to mistake for a residence. A few specialize in S&M and other kinky fun. And then there are escort services that can send you a suitable playmate during your stay. In Amsterdam, you can have it your way.
Amsterdam is also famous for it's pornography. The sex shops are located not just in the red light district, but along other shopping streets. Some of the shops are huge, a few are several stories. Along with the usual assortment of videos, magazines, sex aids and toys, there is always something new and unusual to check out.
Unlike similar shops in the U.S. and elsewhere, the Dutch shops don't usually draw the line at straight or even gay sex.
NEW NEW NEW:=>
LOOK AROUND IN A M S T E R D A M ! ! ! (ONLY 4 FAST P.C.!!!) (<=click here)
Amsterdam capitol of the Netherlands.
Take a boat tour! (About 1 hour), That's a must! (day and/or at night)
- Pros:"Cool" city. No danger!!
- Cons:Parkingplace expensive.
- In a nutshell:Amsterdam a MUST for everybody. Take some time.
Well Kenny. It's forbidden, after July the f1rst, to smoke tobacco, BUT!!!! you are allowed to smoke a 'joint'!!!! So no... more travel advice
VincentJJ's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 13 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel Bordeaux Forum "Re: Short stop in Bordeaux"
- updated a Amsterdam Travelogue "Meeting Amsterdam october 2006."
- Commented on one of aah_stone's Amsterdam travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A M S T E R D A M ."
- Wrote a Review VTmeetingpoint about Central Station in Amsterdam Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- The Hague Intro, 28 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delft Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leidschendam Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bordeaux Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Metz Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rovaniemi Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint-Émilion Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos