"HAREN" Haren by VincentJJ
Haren Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
Haren, a little city south of Groningen.
The place where my dear aunt; Melisande Tatiana Marie (ANDA) was killed at the age of 25 years, by German nazis and Dutch(!) collaborators just at the end of the second WorldWar, because she was in the resistance.
(painting by Johan Dijkstra)
In those days Anda was a somewhat exotic apearance in the streets of the city Groningen where she studied medicine at the university.
She was often asked by painters to pose for them. [Group 'De Ploeg']
(painting by Bas Galis)
May 3, 2003.
A memorial stone was revieled by me, at the place were my aunt was murded on March 19, 1945.
[Thanks to the city of Haren and the commity 1940-1945]
Location: Just on the border of south Haren and Glimmen; Oostbroekerweg.
- Pros:Nice little city
- In a nutshell:Take flower(s) with you......
VincentJJ's Related Pages
Haren Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haren
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Haren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haren
Top 10 Pages
- The Hague Intro, 28 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delft Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leidschendam Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bordeaux Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Metz Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rovaniemi Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint-Émilion Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos