"Welcome to 100ACRE's Home Planet" 100ACRE's Profile
..............................................................YOU ARE HERE ..........................................................
I hope you enjoy the Travel Pages I created for this place I call "Home".
Part of an ordinary solar system, which consists of an average star, planets, the satellites of those planets, numerous comets, asteroids, and meteoroids.
The nearest star to our Sun is Alpha Centauri, a triple star system, 4.3 light years away.
Our whole solar system, together with the local stars, orbits the center of our home galaxy, a place we call the "Milky Way". The Sun and Alpha Centauri are among about half a trillion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, which is about 100,000 light years across.
Our nearest large galaxy neighbor is the Andromeda Galaxy, about 2 million light years away. It is a spiral galaxy like ours, but is 4 times as massive.
If you think of the Sun as a basketball, the Earth would only be the size of the head of a pin -- a mere speck. .....How far away are we from the Sun? The basketball and the pin would be seperated by about 100 feet -- a third of a football field. If you were standing at the basketball and didn't have a telescope to help you, you wouldn't even be able to see the pinhead Earth. .....How far away Is Alpha Centauri? If the sun were a grapefruit in San Francisco, the next grapefruit would be 2,500 miles away, in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
Yes, you are here!
So sit back, relax, as we travel through intergalactic space, together!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 209 Reviews
- 256 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- updated a San Francisco Travelogue "Before You Go - My Favorite Online Resources"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to 100ACRE's Home Planet"
- Wrote a Review Fisherman's Wharf - Quick Tips about Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fisherman's Wharf - Quick Tips"
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "RE: to Yosemite and Sequoia"
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 99 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Napa Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- North America Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Bodega Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Monterey Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos