"Barcelos: where the cock crowed" Barcelos by elcolibri
Barcelos Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 92 photos
Barcelos is a city in the Alto Minho, famous by the legend about a pilgrim who was suspected of having commited a crime and condemned to be hanged but before the execution he were to talk with the judge who was dining roast chicken with some friends. The pilgrim claim his innocence and pointing to the cocks on the table said "As surely as I am innocent will that cock crow if I am hanged". Effectively he was hanged and in that moment the cock stood and crowed. Happily the cock crowed soon and the condemned could be released before he was strangled.
The City Hall of Barcelos is a reformated building dating from end of XV Century and reformed some times until has the... more travel advice
It is a beautiful granitic fountain seat behind the Nuno Alvares' home in the historic center of Barcelos althought it... more travel advice
elcolibri's Related Pages
Barcelos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelos: where the cock crowed"
- "The Cock- The unoficial Portugal simbol"
- "Barcelos the capital of famous county!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelos
- Hotels in Barcelos
- Transportation in Barcelos
- Nightlife in Barcelos
- Restaurants in Barcelos
- Shopping in Barcelos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelos
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Barcelos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 85 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 63 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Oslo Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Europe Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos