"Peaceful vacation!" Manistee by jozwitch
Manistee Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 15 photos
We chose to stay in Manistee because it was the first place up the West coast of Michigan that didn't advertise 'Bring the whole family! We have water parks! It's great for the kids!'. We don't have children and our idea of a nice vacation doesn't generally include lots of screaming kids. Manistee sounded nice and peaceful.
We were not disappointed! It was very quiet and very peaceful. Manistee is far enough north to be surrounded by pine forests. The lake is very close by and offered spectacular sunsets. The town does music on the river and at the lake after sunset, which is nice. There are some cute shops and restaurants downtown. Driving up the coast brought us into more cute towns and ultimately to Traverse City for some excellent shopping.
- Pros:quiet, peaceful, beautiful area
- Cons:Michigan is pretty hard hit by this recession.
- In a nutshell:Lovely place to get away for a few days
There is a walkway following the river all from downtown Manistee all the way to Manistee Bay. It's a pleasant walk and... more travel advice
jozwitch's Related Pages
Manistee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moishka's new Manistee Page"
- "Peaceful vacation!"
- "A fishing trip in Manistee"
- "Basaic Manistee Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manistee
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manistee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manistee
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Arizona Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Manistee Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews
- Carlsbad Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Texas Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos